No Collision, still trapped!

Started by Dread_, February 09, 2016, 03:52:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey,
I created a model in blender, an accessible building, you can acces it, but you can't leave it! Well not through the entrances I created, I edited a previous model and deleted previous faces to create a door, now whenever I test it i can walk through the door, but then an invisible plane/face Pops up and I can't get out of the building, any ideas what happened here? Help would be appreciated. :cheers:

im not the most advanced (as in i would have no idea what i was doing if i tried to make a model) but you did deleted all sides to the wall yes?

The same happen and to my model.I tryed 5 times to fix it and without luck.I enter through my custom made door but i cannot go back.Its like invisible wall.If you made collision do not remove the unused faces behind the model because that will create holes and sometime this is the problem.However i tryed that and did not worked for my model.So i am just like you...waiting for help  :slap:

@Ltin Yes Sir

@Ginev yea well i didn't really cut the door out of the plane/face, instead I created the frame, using 4 edges, then connected the frame with the other walls to the left and right, but yea it's just like you say, I enter the building and then an invisible wall just pops up out of nowhere and I'm trapped. I really don't know what the problem is, since theres nothing to select in Blender and all the other doors work just fine, I even have that problem with a door that's been there in the first place...

What is the structure of your model? does it have a separate collision and shadow volume meshes?
When you create a mod and get no feedback it feels cheap, leave a comment or tell me to go elsewhere.

No neither. Just whipped it up in blender, well I used an object from bespin2, the bes2_bldg_mall.msh, I believe it deson't come with a collision geometry or an sv mesh, correct me if I'm wrong :shrug: even if it does, it's pretty weird the original door also has that problem?

You will more than likely want to duplicate the mesh (and remove uvs/materials, etc) and rename it to the standard model collision names battlefront likes.

If battlefront doesn't detect a collision mesh (by finding it's specific name), it will create some automatically, but this means that it takes the easiest route (convex hull basically).

If you want to see whats going on under the hood, try using SPTest and running showcollision command to see whats up.

Yeah in the picture below you can see what I got running rendercollision in SPTest. And what do you mean by standard model collision names?

Battlefront's meshes use a specific format and naming to determine how collisions work, is advised to go the extra steps to make your models to properly work in-game.
When you create a mod and get no feedback it feels cheap, leave a comment or tell me to go elsewhere.

February 11, 2016, 12:58:23 PM #9 Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 01:06:46 PM by Dread_
I see! Well to be honest I've never used any specific collision names before and up until now everything's been working just fine. But I found a solution, I added an msh.option file with -donotmergecollision and the problem's gone, the rest of the building still has a collision geometry, but the doorways, where it used to be, are fully accessible now.

Quote from: Dread_ on February 11, 2016, 12:58:23 PM
I see! Well to be honest I've never used any specific collision names before and up until now everything's been working just fine. But I found a solution, I added an msh.option file with -donotmergecollision and the problem's gone, the rest of the building still has a collision geometry, but the doorways, where it used to be, are fully accessible now.
Yeah, that one works wonders, I almost forgot.