(WIP) Hoth: Echo Base 2.0

Started by Jango, March 07, 2010, 07:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 07, 2010, 07:16:35 PM Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:18:42 PM by Jango
I'm working right now on making a bunch of changes on the shipped hoth map. Here are some videos of it so far. NOTE: i just started on this, so there aren't a whole lot of changes yet. the rebel and emperial sides you see arent part of the map, nor the blood.

There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

This is a spin on the Hoth from Battlefront 2 right? I'm looking forward to this, I love custom hoth maps  :moo:
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

March 07, 2010, 07:32:17 PM #2 Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:35:06 PM by Jango
kind of like swbf2. LucasArts was soooo close to putting in probe droids! They even had made spawn points for them and had probe droids in hoth's LUA file! lucasarts left out so many details that i intend on giving this map. I have even made the millenium falcon destructable. I intend on making it a destructable enviroment. I plan on editing most of the shipped maps, if not all of them to make them more detailed.
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

Could you make it so that the millenium falcon is pilotable? I'm pretty sure I played a map before where there was a falcon you could fly around in.
Raoul Duke: feels redneck
Raoul Duke: have to bring the family tree when looking for women

Lilly Satou: also oh my god
Lilly Satou: fried chicken in the lingo is the best thing ever

I could, but the millenium falcon wasnt really part of the battle of hoth.

Quote from: Jango on March 07, 2010, 07:32:17 PM
I have even made the millenium falcon destructable. I intend on making it a destructable enviroment. I plan on editing most of the shipped maps, if not all of them to make them more detailed.
Destructable is cool.

March 08, 2010, 01:59:24 AM #6 Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 02:03:02 AM by ggctuk
How'd you do it without it crashing at munge? I always get a "terrainmunge has stopped working" when I try to edit that map directly. Even if it doesn't, I get crashes in SPTest that don't appear in the BFront.log file.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

March 08, 2010, 03:25:16 AM #7 Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 02:10:56 AM by Jango
this is the first time that i've been able to edit a shipped map without crashing. well im gonna be gone for a week, so i wont be able to work on this any.

March 14, 2010, 11:19:55 AM #8 Last Edit: March 16, 2010, 03:02:53 PM by Jango
yay! im back. i will get back to work on this map now  :tu:

March 16, 2010, 03:03:27 PM #9 Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 03:18:16 PM by Jango
here are some new videos with more stuff in them. 

I have ran into a serious problem. All the changes that I made with zeroeditor will not show up ingame! It's like i never even changed the map! I tried remunging it and still got the same problem. ugh! every map that i make screws up! Does anyone know how to fix this???