(W.I.P.) Raka's Adventure

Started by Breakdown, November 06, 2009, 06:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I can't make it so the music only plays in certain areas, sorry

But I have the soundtrack that will go on loop pretty much 80% done, I just need to record it, which won't be able to happen until later in the week, since tomorrow i need to study a lot and on Sunday I am busy

Also, Raka will be getting 2-3 "lives" this time, to make up for the fact this map is much larger

Quote from: Breakdown on November 20, 2009, 09:35:22 PM
I can't make it so the music only plays in certain areas, sorry
Yes you can, those are called "sound stream regions" and they are another type of sound you can do. For those particular types of sounds you should read Vyse's tutorial - however, any and all of the sound adding is going to be best done by simply copying the way stock maps have set up sound.

November 21, 2009, 08:45:12 AM #32 Last Edit: November 21, 2009, 05:26:43 PM by Breakdown
I knew that there were things called sound regionss, but I just wasn't sure if it was SWBF1 compatible, thanks again Mav

EDIT:

So I've been messing around with sounds, can't get anything to work yet, but I'll keep trying!

ALSO!

I am very happy to announce that yet again I have YouJediJunkie on my team to do some great models for me, and a big thanks to AG, who said he can export it for us!

Update time!

I just went through the whole map being timed, and it lasted about 30 minutes. And remember, this is me knowing completley what to do. I had to restart once and some parts of the map aren't ready yet so I had to kinda skip over them, or just wait an estimated time before moving on.

Remember, this is without any enemies yet, so it will likely be harder/more time with more enemies there

Overall map completness = 80%

I'm still working on music, I've followed Mavs tutorial but I still can't seem to get my .wav in game :(

Things still needed to be done:

- Some models (For the village, player models, transportation stuff, etc)

- AI (Will be probably working on this more this week)

- Certain map aesthetics/fixes needing to e finished (Adding more props to make it feel more alive, fixing floating objects, water edges etc)

- I need to find a way how to instruct people how to go through the level, I'd add it in a walkthrough notepad file with the release, but only about 2% of people every read any form of text that comes with a map. I was going to use sound regions, but I can't set those up either, yet.

- Weapons

I know this probably seems like a lot, but trust me, it's not. Compared to all the stuff I have done before this update.

Release time?

At this rate, and if I get sound working or not, I'd say Raka's Adventure could be an early/late Christmas present. For those who celebrate it, if not, well you still get a present yayy..

Also, YJJ's computer is currently broken, and I don't know how long it will take until he can get it fixed and have some models soo it all depends on certain things

Thanks for your time

-Breakdown

Sounds great Breakdown! Tell me whenever you need those models exported. I'll be sure to do so.

#TYBG

Hurrah!

Good news! :D

I got sound regions to work in my test map, which means I can get it set it up in the actual Raka! :D I'm very happy, cheers to Vyse for his tutorial, even though there were a few mistakes in there that I need to mess with

Only problem now is that in my test map the weapon sounds don't appear anymore :-/

Just say everyone has silencers. End of problem. :P

I'm happy to hear that this is nearly done!

That's great to hear BD!

Hint on sound problem:
Maybe copy the sound config from the assets? Maybe when the music (stream) compiled, it ignored SFX (effects) sounds.

#TYBG

I'll figure out all that jazz in the finishing touches stages of the map, which is still a bit away.

And now that I have sound regions working, I'm going to definitley add RPG elements to the map, if I can. Like, it might not be an RPG but there at least will still be "voiceovers"

Only problem with the sound regions, is that it always plays no matter if you are actually in the region or not, so any "voices" will probably be 30 second clips. I think I'd use voiceovers more to assist you on your journey rather than to just talk, because you can't talk back and forth here, and the main point of the map is the actual adventure.

But either way, this'll be really cool! :D (I'm happy)

-BD

December 03, 2009, 05:08:10 PM #40 Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 05:46:43 PM by Breakdown
Alright, so my weekly update this time is pretty short

-The map aesthetics are good and tweaked, I even added fish and birds to add more atmosphere

- I have started work on the AI

-No models still

- Sound is still going through the planning stages/making lots of progress though

- Reskinning is being worked on too

So I guess if YJJ can't get his PC fixed before the holidays, I won't be able to give you guys a Christmas present D:, that is, unless I get another modeller, because there's really a lot of stuff I need done still in that department...

Nothing new in screnshots, just some glamours to keep you busy

(Excuse the Xfire shot there :P)

End gates

This mod is now on temporary hiatus. Sorry guys, I just have no hope of finishing this without any type of modeler on my team, and no, don't say "Download XSI and do it yourself." I honestly don't have the patience to learn the program, and I wouldn't be very good at it either. Also, Reskinning by me would looks terrible

So. HIATUS.

/stands up

I shall fill in for YJJ (if I have the time) for the time-being!

/sits down

#TYBG

:worship:

Thank you tons AG! :D This is perfect! Just message me on Xfire if you need something to work on, I'll assign it to you :)

Thanks again!