(W.I.P.) Raka's Adventure

Started by Breakdown, November 06, 2009, 06:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Yeah, as I said, I will add a reskinned taun taun or something just so it's somewhat faster

Except I don't think you can bring a taun taun through the tunnell system I have set up, well maybe, but we'll see

November 14, 2009, 12:35:54 PM #17 Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:39:12 PM by Breakdown
Here's some more screenshots :)

Progress has jumped to about 70% completion now :D But the last 30% will be a slow one I think, but you all have patience right? :P

(THE RETURN OF THE TUNNELS!)

The Kingdom City

Raka and his mount

Raka himself (STILL IN PROGRESS)

ow lets talk about multiplayer...

I plan for this to be 100% multiplayer compatible, seeing as I don't have any restricting MP such as the grappling hook, however I'm pretty sure there'd be tons of lag, maybe, I guess it depends on the host

So if everything works out, grab a buddy and give this a go with a little help when it's released

We're busy flaming MW2 so don't worry about us being inpatient :P

Anyways, I love the multiple environments. I am under the assumption there will be a ton of lag.
Remember, there are always eager beta testers (when it's ready) :D

#TYBG

Quote from: Breakdown on November 14, 2009, 12:35:54 PM
but you all have patience right? :P
yes, only thing this time is i hope to be in this map with many guys having fun.
count me in when any one wants to try this map.

Hello, no updates this time, rather, I have a request for assistance...

If there is anybody here that could show me step by step how I could add AMBIENT music to play through the whole map, like just a clip of music on a loop that plays through the whole map, I would be VERY appreciative.

PM me back with some intructions if you want to help. Only PM me if you know exactly what to do, I don't want anybody responding back with "Uhh...I think you do this...and then add that..and...I'm PRETTY SURE you have to add this in too"

Remember to Personal Message me, I don't want this topic cluttered up

Thanks!
BD

November 18, 2009, 04:52:25 PM #22 Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 03:29:15 PM by Dark_Phantom
Quote from: Breakdown on November 15, 2009, 12:08:32 PMIf there is anybody here that could show me step by step how I could add AMBIENT music to play through the whole map, like just a clip of music on a loop that plays through the whole map, I would be VERY appreciative.

We have a lot of sound tutorials at GT:

QuoteSound

You want the "custom ambient music" tutorial, and when I wrote it I was using the BF1 tools, so it'll obviously work with them. Any of those are applicable to either game, though, because the sounds work the same.

Thanks a lot Mav!

I looked around GT but I couldn't find anything before, so this is good

Thank you again

looking good :tu:
unfortunately, i always ended up falling through some rock while trying to cross the canyon in the first Rakaso i never beat it :(

Yeah don't worry about those problems..

Progress report time! (Tomorrow i might have some screenshots)

- I think at this time, I estimate the gameplay to be maybe 30 minutes to an hour, don't worry though, the majority of that time WILL be spent doing useful things like killing, not walking

- I'm trying to limit the amount of walking you have to do to as minimum as possible, the only parts where you have to do a fair amount of it is probably going to be in the tunnell systems and the maze part

- Thanks to Mav, I'm working on making some custom music using my keyboard and guitar. What would you guys like the music to be like? Peaceful, creepy, fast and galloping? (Similar to old school NES) ??

-BD

I prefer fast and galloping over peaceful and creepy. 8-bit NES sounds would be pretty cool too.

Definitely in favour of some old-school NES goodness.

Well I'm not saying the music will BE 8-bit, just similar to the style.

I think the Zelda theme music would be kind of a good basis for mine, it would fit the quests well, and would prevent boredom in a way, so yeah I'll work on that.

Also if I can, I'll try to give Raka some sort of secondary weapon that when "fired" it will play some vauge instructions for the map, this way I won't have to reply to twenty people complainging they don't know what to do

I would prefer creepy music in the dark small areas like the tunnels, and maybe the city, but nowhere else.  The only problem i have with this is that in the previous raka, I only had to die once to loose (1 reinforcement) so every time i died i had to restart the map and wait for it to load again :(