(W.I.P.) Raka's Adventure

Started by Breakdown, November 06, 2009, 06:55:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 06, 2009, 06:55:24 AM Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 07:21:33 PM by Breakdown
In a world of despair, and fantasy clichés...

RAKA'S ADVENTURE

In a land far away, an evil ruler has triumphed over the good kingdom, forcing the people to be his slaves, leaving the land barren, the places the good people left behind slowy becoming ancient relics.

Raka Teron was a young peasant who lived in  the southern fields behind the Great Castle, when the evil ruler Olos took control over the good people, Raka had hid away in a secret compartment in his basement, listening to the aweful sounds of his family being wrenched away from the home, screaming for mercy.

Raka lay in the compartment for 6 days. On the seventh day he emerged, to find that no people had escaped. The fields and the castle and mountains were unthouched, almost as if they all just simply dissapeared...

There was an old fairy tale that said in the Brown Mountains there was a sword that could kill any type of evil. However, the sword is not easy to find, there were pieces of a map scattered all across the land in small tombs, usually protected by a puzzle of sorts. When all the map pieces are put together properly, they revealed the location of the Sword of Slayers, deep inside it's mountain cave.

Raka decided he had no choice, if the fairy tale was really the truth, he mustn't take chances. And so, Raka began his grand adventure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
/drama

So here we go, Raka's Adventure! As you may see, this map is completley different from Raka's quest, actually, after this one, Raka's Quest will be considering obsolete, I didn't like it too much.

I made this one in it's own world so I could have more freedoms with my ideas. As you may remember from the screenshots topic, I had posted some early pics of this, it was originally supposed to be in Dantooine, but yeah that has all changed...

So, the point of this map to roam the land searching for these map pieces. Seems easy right? Nah. There's going to be a lot of thinking involved in this. I plan to  have each map piece guarded by a "Guardian of the Dark" or something, just to add that old video game flavour of having bosses at the end of each "level".

Check this topic often, I will be updating!

-Breakdown

breakdown, i will be here for this mapventure.

Awesome, Cull :)

Also, as for release dates, I'd expect maybe December, or possibly into the new year, or earlier. It all depends on my pace.

Progress so far:

Map: 55-60%
Sides: 20%

At least in my judgement.....

:O
BD will you marry me?  :cheer:
(not really but you get the meaning)

It would be nice if it was like Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess where you could teleport to sections of the map, assuming how big it will be.

#TYBG

Or a horse of some kind would be better :)

I will be reskinning a Kaduu or a taunTaun maybe so you can have some sort of quicker transport around the map

Don't worry, I hate walking around the whole map, it bothers me. :P

I was thinking of using teleporters, but they don't work in SWBF1 :(

November 06, 2009, 08:19:40 PM #7 Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 08:21:23 PM by ag
Maybe someone can create a custom vehicle!
I haven't done vehicle in XSI before. The only things I ever really worked on is weapons and props.

Or an easier thing to do is just reskin a speeder and place them on the CPs that are throughout the map. It'll give you a reason to get near them and ambush instead of taking a flyer and taking  them out the easy way.

#TYBG

Huh? lol

This Raka doesn't have any star warsy stuff in it, which includes flyers and speeders, did you not read the first post? xD

So what is this all about? The maps look killer but what is the Raka stuff about, I didn't really get the first post.

It's a map based off a fictional idea Ithought of, where Raka is a character that searches around an area for peices of a map that lead to the one sword that can kill off the evil ruler person that's taken control over the land.

So what you do in the game is explore the map looking for these pieces of the map, in the order which I will present to you all. When the last map piece is found, you can go into the mountains and find the sword

Though you can fidn the map pieces in whicever order you want, you have to capture them all if you want to beat the game

A few reasons why the Raka series is possibly the best of SWBF:

1. Non-linear, exploration-based gameplay
2. Difficulty, Making the AI of Battlefront actually look good
3. Strategy to maintain health and ammo
4. Long gameplay
5. Replayability
6. It's MADE BY BREAKDOWN!!!

#TYBG

What i miss on the pics are sniper spots and underground passes..
but for the rest it looks great!

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Quote from: ag on November 07, 2009, 10:38:13 PM
A few reasons why the Raka series is possibly the best of SWBF:

1. Non-linear, exploration-based gameplay
2. Difficulty, Making the AI of Battlefront actually look good
3. Strategy to maintain health and ammo
4. Long gameplay
5. Replayability
6. It's MADE BY BREAKDOWN!!!

Aww shucks :P

This map will improve on most of those points, as in it will be better than the first one, the exploration value will be very high, seeing as you have to explore the entire map to search for the pieces of the map

The only thing else I would recommend is vehicles or at least a decent method of transportation. No one enjoys walking for 20 minutes doing nothing.

#TYBG