ICW4 Conclusion

Started by Oven, August 25, 2014, 12:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which times (EST) could you play SWBF this weekend?

FRI noon-2
2 (6.7%)
FRI 2-4
5 (16.7%)
FRI 4-6
8 (26.7%)
FRI 6-8
3 (10%)
FRI 8-10
3 (10%)
FRI 10-midnight
1 (3.3%)
SAT noon-2
6 (20%)
SAT 2-4
9 (30%)
SAT 4-6
10 (33.3%)
SAT 6-8
6 (20%)
SAT 8-10
4 (13.3%)
SAT 10-midnight
4 (13.3%)
SUN noon-2
2 (6.7%)
SUN 2-4
4 (13.3%)
SUN 4-6
8 (26.7%)
SUN 6-8
5 (16.7%)
SUN 8-10
4 (13.3%)
SUN 10-midnight
4 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: August 29, 2014, 12:57:10 PM

August 25, 2014, 12:53:52 PM Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 07:37:42 PM by Oven
Congratulations to Freelancer Consortium and Unleashed Elemental Forces (FC+UEF) for winning the 4th Intergalactic Clan War!

They captured 12/15 planets. YAK comes in second place with 2 planets, and BOB in third with 1.

Most importantly, we had a lot of terrific battles, some of which rank among the best in ICW history. And this time, we did it without drama. I think that's something to be proud of!

Thanks to the following people for making it happen:

Dark Phantom, Kelle, Norwood, Syrion -- Admins
Dark Phantom, Phobos -- Map compilation/modding
Led -- Running this website and providing US servers
Unit 33 -- Cartography
Anyder -- Euro server host
The leaders and representatives of BOB (Dark Phantom, Lion, Sauce), GRC (38, Duder, Rodriguez), FC+UEF (Phobos, Elite, SirPimped, Anyder), and YAK (Shazam, GDH).
Also, a thank you is in order for Majesty, who has recruited numerous ex-SWBF, SWBF2, and RepCom players to SWBF over the summer.

And of course, everyone who played!

Community Battles

This weekend, I'd like to do some open-server games, with the ~5 most interesting ICW4 maps (from here; voting is still open) on rotation. These things seem to work best when we have pre-decided times to meet, so please select any times which work for you in the poll here. Let's try to get as many people as we can!

Would anyone be willing to make winner and participant awards?

Well thanks to everyone who participated and made playing SWBF with more than 10 people online possible. It's been a pleasure to play again and have this feeling of competition come back.
Alors thanks to all YAK players for showing me that a group of random players who had no prior experience of playing together can still achieve great things!

indeed, syyy is right, its been great having people on and people to play with, and the ICW was a blast :3 I was proud to be part of it
(MES)Csl.Josh (GGR)Ldr.Phoenix (GGR).Mndl.LoneWolfe

I'd like to further my appreciation to you, oven. Thanks for everything u have done. U took us all in and made us warm with your presence (an oven joke...anyone...? No one??... Ok just me)

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

Quote from: BOB.LION on August 26, 2014, 09:05:54 AM
I'd like to further my appreciation to you, oven. Thanks for everything u have done. U took us all in and made us warm with your presence (an oven joke...anyone...? No one??... Ok just me)
I made a number of jokes about it getting hot in here a few times before the matches.

Thanks to everyone involved. I think this was the most enjoyable ICW yet. :)
I'll be doing my best to play in the weekend battles.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Ltin on August 26, 2014, 09:31:00 AM
I made a number of jokes about it getting hot in here a few times before the matches.

I guess people just don't appreciate us.

Add me on steam you piece of hairy wookie

August 26, 2014, 11:38:08 PM #8 Last Edit: August 26, 2014, 11:48:10 PM by Kelle
Kudos, FC+UEF! Thanks to all the clans, mercenaries and spectators! That was a lot of fun!

I tried to throw a little something together for the ICW4 Participant Award. Take a gander:

Thanks Kelle, they look great! Could you or someone else make winner awards also?

Great tournament to all clans who participated.  Congratulations to FC/UEF!  It was very enjoyable and I hope we can do it all again sometime.
:cheers:
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

Congrats, FC/UEF!  You proved to be quite the challenge to compete against.

Quote from: Syyy on August 26, 2014, 06:22:16 AM
thanks to all YAK players for showing me that a group of random players who had no prior experience of playing together can still achieve great things!

Ditto!  I was proud to fight alongside all of the YAK members again.   :cheers:

I agree that this ICW has been the most enjoyable of them all.  To me it felt like more of a fun and relaxed atmosphere in the servers and not as competitive as it has been in the past tournaments.

Oven, I can post a list of YAK's members with links to their profile for the awards.  Just give the word.

Thank you to all the admins (especially Oven) and all who participated. The matches were enjoyable and none of them got out of hand. Hopefully we can do it again in the future.

Quote from: Shazam on August 27, 2014, 04:13:10 PM
Oven, I can post a list of YAK's members with links to their profile for the awards.  Just give the word.
Sure, in fact, all clans should do this, although I think Led has to to add the awards.