SWBF1 (Original) MacXGamers player checking back in after a decade!! /\

Started by napalmoyster, January 02, 2018, 02:28:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I used to be very active in the multiplayer scene for the ORIGINAL game on the Mac (of all things) way back when, has to be almost 10 years by now! Pretty sure I used to go by the name Dr. X! Anyone still active? The only people's names I remember are Yankee, DaaBob, SubContractor, MacBeezle and SchTick! I do remember a clan-thing called Pants? One called ACW? I'd love to get back into it, and even if the OS X scene is dead I could probably dual-boot my mac and run this game on the windows side. I doubt gameranger is even a thing anymore.

But man, some of my most cherished gaming memories are those 1v1 rocket duels on cloud city. The clone jet trooper with his ridiculously fast-firing pistol. The disc mines you could throw way farther than were originally intended. The rebel rocket trooper with his double rockets. I even remember the glitch where you could somehow get a droideka inside the walls of CC. What a wonderful multiplayer.

I love the starfighter assault in the newest game, but haven't even touched the rest of it. Honestly I'd rather get back into this scene!!

LONG LIVE MACXGAMERS!!

EDIT: The more I think about it, the more it all starts coming back to me. The forum was MacXgamers!!! I was in BHF!! IAS and ACW were the main clans and were arch rivals! Man, what a time. What a close, positive community we had. Nothing today even comes close. I don't think I've ever been this nostalgic in my life.

Welcome back, I think there's a couple of players around from those days. Unit 33 is still here and played then I believe.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)