Dark world objects on modified stock map

Started by Giftheck, November 24, 2017, 08:43:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
November 24, 2017, 08:43:59 AM Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 02:50:48 PM by Gistech
So for Legacy, I decided to modify the stock "Kashyyyk: Docks" map so that it has an MTT and AT-RTs (sadly Starfighters were a no go because the sounds for them bugged all custom sounds out). I've added in some new objects, but the result is that pretty much every object on the map is now dark when playing. Any idea what's causing the issue?

EDIT: I've figured out that it's certain objects that undergo bump mapping but I don't know why this is happening when it didn't on the stock map, so I don't know how to fix it.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

And all the msh and tga option files are present and accounted for?
That's the only thing I can think of that would affect the lighting that way besides a rendering bug..

Quote from: RepComm on November 24, 2017, 08:53:49 PM
And all the msh and tga option files are present and accounted for?
That's the only thing I can think of that would affect the lighting that way besides a rendering bug..

As far as I'm aware, yes. However, I've pinned the problem down to object bump mapping - as turning off the bump mapping option in Video Options made the problem disappear. However, as I copied everything verbatim from the stock Kashyyyk folder I don't know why when Bump Mapping is on, it does this.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Before years ago when i was making my tatooine city map for bf1 i had the same problem.I think i solved it by cleaning my munge files and then munge everything from the begining.Most of the cases this solves problems.

Quote from: Ginev on November 25, 2017, 03:12:52 AM
Before years ago when i was making my tatooine city map for bf1 i had the same problem.I think i solved it by cleaning my munge files and then munge everything from the begining.Most of the cases this solves problems.

I always clean before munging anew anyway and it's made no difference.
In Progress:

On Hold: