Issues with gamemaster.

Started by Rayce, May 31, 2014, 10:25:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well. we really need to take one game at a time and not mix up SWBF and SWBF2.  Since I can't help with SWBF2, let's stick with SWBF. From what you have said so far, it doesn't sound like it has anything to do with GameMaster.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Off Topic:It says the topic was split, where's the other topic?

On Topic:You had said that Tunngle had a problem with Belkin routers, could this be the same issue? And if so, is there a solution?

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on June 01, 2014, 10:05:38 AM
Off Topic:It says the topic was split, where's the other topic?

On Topic:You had said that Tunngle had a problem with Belkin routers, could this be the same issue? And if so, is there a solution?

The other topic was off topic and moved to an appropriate location.

Tunngle does, but Gamemaster does not.  If you have the same issue with both methods, there is something going on with your particular setup.  Re-check your windows firewall settings.  Try turning it off for a short time while you test things.

Ok, it seems Windows Firewall is not the problem.

most internet providers have an additional firewall built in to the router/modem they have installed.  They can be accessed then altered by typing in your IP into an omnibox of any browser.  It may be worth a shot.  I am also no expert on the matter. 

I still need help with this.
New info BTW:
My router is actually a Belkin F9K1113 v1. (I orginally used the name of my adapter, I forgot that my family changed  routers, but not my adapter)
I tried accessing my router IP adress but it couldn't connect.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on June 24, 2014, 07:48:28 PM
I still need help with this.
New info BTW:
My router is actually a Belkin F9K1113 v1. (I orginally used the name of my adapter, I forgot that my family changed  routers, but not my adapter)
I tried accessing my router IP adress but it couldn't connect.

OK, let's try again.  Is this for SWBF or SWBF2 ?

At this point i'd be ok with either. I'd prefer BF1 though so I can play the game with you guys. (and just with more people in general, because where you guys all use Gamemaster, everyone in BF2 is split between Gamemaster and Gameranger)
It should also be noted the I have been able to play JKA online.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on June 25, 2014, 11:59:28 AM
At this point i'd be ok with either. I'd prefer BF1 though so I can play the game with you guys. (and just with more people in general, because where you guys all use Gamemaster, everyone in BF2 is split between Gamemaster and Gameranger)
It should also be noted the I have been able to play JKA online.

OK.  Make sure you have the 1.2 version of SWBF 1 installed.  If you have the Jabba's palace map you are good to go.

Next, I will assume you are using Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8.

(If you are using XP, let me know.)

Follow this link, and download the automatic patch installer
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1147

Follow the directions on that page, i.e. save the file, uncompress the file, run the gamemaster installer executable.

Then launch battlefront as you usually do, and try the internet option.  You will not need to mess with routers, firewalls, etc, unless you want to host a game.

I use WinXP, actually. Already used the auto-installer. And am using the 1.2 patch.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on June 26, 2014, 10:32:36 AM
I use WinXP, actually. Already used the auto-installer. And am using the 1.2 patch.

Autoinstaller won't work with XP as the file folder is different.

You will need to do a manual install.

Download this file
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1144

Find your gamedata folder with your original battlefront.exe file in it.  It is very important that you find this exact file name, and not something else.  Right click and look at the properties if you do not otherwise know how to determine the full file name.

Once you have found battlefont.exe, right click on it and make a back up copy, and delete the original.

Next, copy the GameMaster file into the gamedata folder. Then right click on it and rename it to battlefront.exe

Next, start your game as usual.  If you have done this instructions correctly, it will launch.  Choose multiplayer, internet, and join a server.

Still doesn't work. Same problem as before.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on June 26, 2014, 06:33:16 PM
Still doesn't work. Same problem as before.

Which was, to be clear,  that you start up the game, go to multiplayer, see servers such as the PLA cloud city server, then try to join, and then get connection to host lost?

Quote from: Led on June 26, 2014, 06:45:21 PM
Which was, to be clear,  that you start up the game, go to multiplayer, see servers such as the PLA cloud city server, then try to join, and then get connection to host lost?
Yep exactly, even down to the sever name (PLA Cloud City Fastspawn)

OK, then it has nothing to do with the gamemaster setup. 

Try using an actual ethernet cable if you have not already done so, instead of wireless or over the electrical wires, or whatever.  It is something to do with your network.

If you have a laptop, take it to someone elses house and try it.