Star Wars: Battlefront Legacy OFFICIAL RELEASE

Started by Giftheck, August 31, 2016, 01:37:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Gistech on October 23, 2016, 12:48:15 PM
That's a long, long way down the line as it's Phase 3. It's going to be quite a wait.
Is Phase 2 far from being finished?

Quote from: CommanderHazard on October 23, 2016, 01:23:35 PM
Is Phase 2 far from being finished?

Consider what's planned for Phase 2:

-Hunt and Hero Assault maps
-New heroes
-Most if not all SWBF2 maps
-Space maps
-Some additional maps (such as Coruscant Streets and some of Sereja's brilliant maps)
-some SWBFIII maps
-maps based off the new game

That's a gargantuan effort for somebody operating on their own, even more so given I'm going to be in education for the next five to six years, thus limiting the time I can work on this.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Hey, I really love this mod and I have to admit, that it's the best one I'v seen so far for BFI :tu:
You did an awesome work with texturing and modeling and especially with the balancing: It's even better, that in the original game! (Droidekas don't seem to be so overpowered anymore as well as the turrets, nice job!)

The only thing I noticed is, that there is some model-swapping here and there (it looks like the stock models try temporarily coming back to life inside of the new ones, which leads to some weird pictures, when the ne textures are trying to fit the taller models of the original game :blink:
That's an glitch, which seems to appear to a lot of SWBFI mods but I found a mod, where this doesn't happen, so maybe if you could have a look at it, you can learn how to get rid of that weird glitch ;)
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=858.msg9993#msg9993

I am looking forward for the release of the next phase and I hope, that all of your goals can be reached!
Thank You for your amazing work!

October 24, 2016, 03:20:46 PM #18 Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 03:27:03 PM by Gistech
Quote from: suLac on October 24, 2016, 12:24:45 PM
Hey, I really love this mod and I have to admit, that it's the best one I'v seen so far for BFI :tu:
You did an awesome work with texturing and modeling and especially with the balancing: It's even better, that in the original game! (Droidekas don't seem to be so overpowered anymore as well as the turrets, nice job!)

The only thing I noticed is, that there is some model-swapping here and there (it looks like the stock models try temporarily coming back to life inside of the new ones, which leads to some weird pictures, when the ne textures are trying to fit the taller models of the original game :blink:
That's an glitch, which seems to appear to a lot of SWBFI mods but I found a mod, where this doesn't happen, so maybe if you could have a look at it, you can learn how to get rid of that weird glitch ;)
http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=858.msg9993#msg9993

I am looking forward for the release of the next phase and I hope, that all of your goals can be reached!
Thank You for your amazing work!

It's not really a glitch but it's down to the poor optimization of Battlefront for PC - the graphics memory is not great for this game (Battlefront II gets around this by using a 'portal' system that only renders what is in the line of sight at the time). I'm not entirely sure how Star Fire mod might have gotten around that, and it looks like the creator of that mod has not been on in so long. It would be awesome to have the source code for this game so we can tweak the memory pool for model memory but that is not likely to happen at all, sadly.

I've tried to look into the executeable to see if we could artificially alter the model memory, but we have no programmers here any more who would be willing to look into it, and I'm no programmer. I can't even muster the patience to figure out CheatEngine myself.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Are you still planning on converting some of the psp maps out of curiosity?

Quote from: Rookie 1 on October 25, 2016, 02:26:38 PM
Are you still planning on converting some of the psp maps out of curiosity?

I have no plans at this time to do so.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Fixed a sound issue with the Clone Wars era version of Mos Eisley:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-legacy/downloads/mos-eisley-sound-fix
In Progress:

On Hold:

December 04, 2016, 04:51:04 PM #22 Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 03:04:06 AM by shelljonathanea
For Phase 2 For Star Wars Battlefront III Maps for Star Wars Battlefront 1, Are you going to make Coruscant, Cato Neimoida, Death Star, and Invisible Hand?

All the information as to what Phase 2 will or will not contain can be found in my WIP thread.
In Progress:

On Hold:

December 24, 2016, 01:42:35 PM #24 Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 01:45:13 PM by Gistech
A Christmas Eve fix.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-legacy/downloads/christmas-eve-fix

Here's what was fixed:

-Sound issues on Tatooine: Mos Eisley and Tatooine: Jabba's Palace in the Clone Wars era
-Localization issues.

I know I said I wanted Scarif in the first wave, but I might hold off on that to give you guys the first taste of Phase 2 in the form of a few mod maps and some SWBF2 maps.
In Progress:

On Hold:

March 22, 2017, 10:08:48 PM #25 Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 10:33:53 PM by SteamSWBF
I like what I'm seeing so far.  Downloaded and am playing it.   However, you should seriously consider giving Darth Vader force choke/better lightsaber since at this time, I can stand right next to Darth Vader and as long as i'm not shooting at him (not defecting my shots back at me),  no bad things happen.

In Vanilla when Darth looks my way I'm headed for the hills.

Contrast to LUKE and he is racking up kills.

Thank you for working this mod, watching Rebels and Clone Wars has inspired me to install this game again.

EDIT  What I said goes for count DOOKU as well, playing the JABBA PALACE and DOOKU is surrounded by clones not taking them out.  He needs to have his lightning so he can clean house.

Thanks for your feedback :)

Jedi and Sith not having Force Powers is somewhat intentional given how the AI likes to spam with them, particularly in Dooku's case. The lightsabers acting up is not: I did try and make versions of the Lightsabers that are deflect only and the other one is attack only. It seems the AI cannot differentiate from the two versions of the Lightsaber, so the 'deflect only' version winds up being default.

This issue has been fixed and will be in Phase 2's base game, as will Force Powers, though I might make a separate upload of the fixed heroes for Phase 1 in the near future (probably around the Easter holidays when I have the time to branch it off).
In Progress:

On Hold:

March 23, 2017, 01:29:00 PM #27 Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 09:12:29 AM by SteamSWBF
Yes that force lightning is 300 min / 300max damage, DOOKU carries the day with it, 75 kills in a match wiping out all who spawn near a point he has camped.   Reducing that to say 5min-100max or even 3min-30max hitpoint damage  seems to help, since there is no cooldown on force lightning attacks; experiments are pending.

I did not see any other posts on it, maybe people play with the heroes off, to me that is a big part of the game, avoid the super dangerous  heroes, with that thought I hex edited them to have at least 3000 hp on killable Jedi mods, (most mods I've seen adjust down to 1000) since I think they should be extremely strong but very hard to kill.

Anyway thank you for the update, I look forward to it

EDIT
Yes, that force lightning needs to be reduced, I hexedited it down to like 3min-13max and DOOKU still can take troopers out with it but it takes MUCH  longer compelling him to move in with his lightsaber and he still tops the list but is MUCH closer to Mace Windu in kills.

April 22, 2017, 10:47:06 AM #28 Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 10:53:56 AM by Gistech
Here is the hero patch. Vader and Dooku should now be getting kills. As suggested, heroes can now also use Force Powers as well, but they can no longer block as the tradeoff.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/star-wars-battlefront-legacy/downloads/hero-fix
In Progress:

On Hold: