SWBF Custom Map Review (W/links)

Started by Ryanoceros, January 25, 2009, 12:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
 :cheers:
Hi xshat.
Nobody's perfect, and certainly not I. But I do my best to be fair with the ratings. Although even I occasionally play a map again, and say to myself, "This map is better than I graded it originally.", and other times I say, "This map has a grade too high!".
But like the old saying goes, "You can't please all the people all the time." .. not even the guy who graded them in the first place!  :P
And it is a lot of work to do all this, so I just don't have time to re-grade everything. Even if I did, it still would yield dissatisfaction to some people on some maps.
I trust that everyone knows that this review isn't intended to be the final say in all people's opinions. It's just a single point of view after quickly testing the maps out. Don't take my ratings too seriously, folks.
Anyway, I do look forward to your new map. :)

Looks interesting. Be sure to let me know when it's done. No rush though. I agree, it's better to wait for a stable, more tested and refined map, than to quickly unload a beta version with numerous issues.

Quote from: xshat on February 24, 2010, 07:25:49 PM
a side map ive been working on here and there, called kaadu racetrack! i dont know if i'll ever finish it tho, it's kind of trite in comparison to the map im working on now. i do have a beta version but i dont think its in good enough condition to be released public. i think modders and players should have the patience to wait for a stable, quality version to be released with any map. here's a preview tho http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/1759/kaadusc.png
is it normal that there are pic of dinosaurs on it? or is that just something els

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

March 18, 2010, 07:05:30 PM #198 Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 04:42:22 PM by Ryanoceros
Added Map Pack:
(Execution at Geonosis):
corus9
geo2
geo3
geo4
geo5
geo6
kam3
kam4
tcm01 .. switched old link with MPCGamers link.

Added map pack:
(Execution at Geonosis, Multiplayer Edition - map pack):
geo9
geo10
geo11
geo12

Added map:
Hoth
rakada1
bysnake1

Revised list of maps/links that still need to be fixed/re-added. Any help you can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks!

abel789
EuHR
GM1 --- Rhen Var: Galactic Marine
LOTR1 (2.0)
NP
RSB
RSN
sky1
sky2

Best Post on MPC evar!!!!11111111

I went to a fight the other night and a hockey game broke out.

April 13, 2010, 07:11:10 PM #201 Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:33:34 PM by Ryanoceros
Added map:
DAN  :tu:

Ooops, sorry about the double post.

April 21, 2010, 03:12:05 PM #202 Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 03:14:55 PM by Jango
lol its probably been there for a while, but i just noticed that my coruscant map and mygeeto map made it in there 8)
QuoteCorTemple ------ Coruscant: Jedi Temple ---------------- {8}  Same map as Cor1, but slightly different. Turrets, stairs work, chairs.
Picture1,Picture2,Picture3,Picture4,Picture5,Picture6
Quotemyg2 --------- Mygeeto: War Torn City -------------- {9}  Conversion of myg1. Well Done. Added tanks and modified looks in some places.
***Pictures Coming Soon****
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

for jmcaa it does not have map when i click on link

There is no JMCAA on the map list. Were you referring to the JMMC training map? If so, that's in the downloads section.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

April 21, 2010, 05:46:40 PM #205 Last Edit: April 21, 2010, 05:54:29 PM by Ryanoceros
The tug01 (JMMC Training Map) works ok for me.
I just tried it. It goes directly to download. No page appears. Maybe you just didn't notice it downloading.
Check the folder where your downloads usually go, it should be there.

And yes, to Jango. I added those maps long ago, when they first came out. :)
.. I still need to add the pictures for the myg2 map. I'll try to do that soon.

could you add this mission map to the list? :tu: http://www.mpcgamers.com/smf/index.php?topic=2193.0
There is no 'ctrl' button on Chuck Norris's computer. Chuck Norris is always in control.

April 23, 2010, 09:00:09 PM #207 Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 10:11:21 PM by Ryanoceros
Sure, I'll try to test it and add it tonight before bed.
But If not I will add it tomorrow.

Added Maps:

Desert
jedi66
modern9

how long does it take u to review a map?

It depends on how big the map is and if it has custom weapons or not, etc.. But usually only a few minutes to try the map and rate it. Some maps take more time, if they are challenge maps, like raka's quest.
Then add some time for taking pictures, and uploading them to my server, and adding the links, and doing the code for this thread.