swbf-unmunge - v1.1.1

Started by SleepKiller, July 06, 2017, 10:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Teancum on March 09, 2018, 08:35:03 AM
Didn't work for me. Maybe I didn't use the switch to specify it was swbf and not swbf_ii
Ah I see, were you able to get it in the end? I can send you over the source files I got from unmunge if you need. Let me know if their are any other maps that aren't working right.

Quote from: RC-1138 on March 08, 2018, 08:04:47 PM
Why I can unmunge files to 150 mb max ?
I don't know. The tool has no internal limit on file size and should work gracefully on munged files that are multiple gigabytes in size.

I saw it unmunge but for example when I try BF3 side I see this error maybe textures are too high ?

Quote from: SleepKiller on March 09, 2018, 04:56:13 PM
Ah I see, were you able to get it in the end? I can send you over the source files I got from unmunge if you need.
Can you go ahead and send the files? Upload here, PM, whatever. I can get it to extract, but in the end it freezes ZeroEdit once the loading bar is full. I have a few maps that do that, but most I can recover with a little renaming and whatnot.

I think I know what was causing the crash. I've posted a new release that should fix it.

Anyway attached here is the extracted jango1 source.

I have a bit of work to do still, but as far as I'm able to test, this works:
https://github.com/RepComm/NodeUnmungeGUI/releases

This is a windows 64bit release of the Node.js/electron.js implementation of SWBFUnmungeGUI.
I am pretty busy with final prep for going overseas, but I know it works on my laptop.

The readme isn't where it needs to be, but the interface is nearly identical to the Java version (which is now archived on github), and it is pretty straight forward.

Anyone that wants to test can do so, just extract the directory and run NodeUnmungeGUI.exe
I do want to hear feedback, so feel free to PM me here, or contact me on discord RepComm (Jon)#4638

Hi, I used this tool to extract Bantha55's naboo: siege on Theed,with the objetive of remaster it, but for some reason the terrain textures are messed up, and it delete the water properties, when I munge it the game crash in the loading screen. The first two probles are to know if you can fix that in next releases,for the third problem, Anyone know what could cause the crash?, thanks.

If I remember correctly the texture info is actually fine it's just a visual bug with the way Zero Editor renders it. (Because I don't fully understand the terrain file format.) To fix it try picking a texture, setting the alpha to zero and painting over all the map.

As for the water, it's known that it's documented that the output for terrain is incomplete. The water is the easiest of the things that are incomplete to fix as such if I make another release it'll be low down on my to-do list for it. If you use the original map ingame as a reference painting water in the right places shouldn't be too hard.

I noticed when extracting some models, it will crash if you use some of the extracted ones. I know it's not perfect but does anyone have any tips on how they have fixed this problem?
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on May 16, 2018, 10:14:43 PM
I noticed when extracting some models, it will crash if you use some of the extracted ones. I know it's not perfect but does anyone have any tips on how they have fixed this problem?

I think they have to be imported and re-exported in Softimage Mod Tool.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Sorry that i keep bugging after the same queston but any news on audio extraction? :)

Nope, I am not actively working on swbf-unmunge at the moment. If I ever do work on it again you'll see commits on GitHub and if a new release contains new features the minor version will increase. (So instead of it being v1.1.1 it'll go to v1.2.0)

Hey, was just pointed to your tool when I asked about how to extract models from BFII. It looks like a amazing piece of work, but I'm having trouble extracting any of the game's .lvl files with it. It keeps saying the file does not exist.

I'm using the GUI plugin, so I don't know if that impacts things. I've made sure the settings are for BFII and the .lvl file I'm trying to extract as a test is myg1.lvl, which apparently contains all of the assets used for Mygeeto.

May 31, 2018, 03:01:44 AM #132 Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 03:05:53 AM by RepComm
Quote from: flipdark95 on May 30, 2018, 10:12:13 PM
I'm having trouble extracting any of the game's .lvl files with it. It keeps saying the file does not exist.

I'm using the GUI plugin, so I don't know if that impacts things. I've made sure the settings are for BFII and the .lvl file I'm trying to extract as a test is myg1.lvl, which apparently contains all of the assets used for Mygeeto.

Hey, I'm the GUI guy, and I got kinda lucky I happened to check the site here so soon. I'm not in range of WiFi because I'm actually in a tiny part of Brazil until January (still setting up things, including WiFi).

I know that if you're using the restarted GUI project that you had very little instruction because I hadn't got to writing it yet (I've never been so busy in my entire life than the past month). I'm sorry you're having issues, and if you could do me a huge favor and screen shot what's going on (error, maybe include the file in an explorer window so we can see exactly where the tool should be looking for this file) it would help me out a bunch! You can attach a screenshot to a reply here.

There are a few things that could be wrong with how file paths are handled on a few systems that I haven't been able to test yet.
I also know I need to build a 32bit version and take out a bunch of unneeded files to pack everything down into smaller download sizes.

You needing help with either tool or GUI helps us fix them, so thank you!

Glad to be help you guys out, even indirectly :)

Okay so here's what I did. I should mention that my install of BFII is on steam, located at A:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Star Wars Battlefront II

I installed SWBFUnmunge at A:\Modding\Battlefront 2005\SWBFUnmunge. And I put your GUI plugin in that folder.

This is the filepath inside SWBFUnmunge.

This is the .lvl file I'm trying to extract. I'm using it as a test for being able to pull files out of mods so I can use them as references in my Star Wars modelling.

This is the command I used to try and extract the files.

This is the error log after I try to run the command to extract everything from the .lvl file.

Yep, that's a problem with my GUI (java one, which is older than the new JavaScript one) for sure. Thanks for responding so quickly!

It looks like either the file paths are getting goofed up. My sister's have always liked forward slash / more than backslash.
I think that it's getting escaped correctly because the first letters of each folder/file is still there, otherwise it would look more like A:?odding?attlefront 2005?WBFUnmunge?wbf-unmunge.exe

I'll have to dig into my repo so I can release a fix.

If you're itching to do it while I write up a fix, you can copy that command and replace those ¥ characters with forward slashes, like this:
A:/Modding/Battlefront 2005/SWBFUnmunge/swbf-unmunge.exe -files A:/Games/Steam/steamapps/common/Star Wars Battlefront II/GameData/Data/_lvl_pc/myg/myg1.lvl -version swbfii -imgfmt tga -platform pc -outversion swbfii -verbose

Another thing to check is use account control. It could be denying swbf-unmunge.exe from accessing the file, which is sometimes handled like a 'file not found' exception. If this is the case, try copying myg1.lvl to the desktop or somewhere with less security like downloads and go from there.

Time for me to update my tools since people are actually trying to use them now, lol.