Battlefront Weird Ground Colour/Texture

Started by GURVIR, August 25, 2016, 10:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey guys, I'm am having a problem with some ground textures in the game, it recently got worse. I used to notice weird white and yellow colours off in distant ground textures, but now even close-by I notice the same thing. The shadows are yellow in colour and the ground is a very bright white. I have enclosed a photo of this below, any help would be much appreciated. My current game video settings:

Res: 1280x1024 (it won't let me play at 1600x1200 for some reason)
MAX view and LOD Distance
Everything on High
Bumpmapping OFF
Motion Blur OFF
Distortion Effects OFF

I play this on a PC with:

Win 10
i7-4770k
12gb RAM
AMD Radeon HD 8570 (most recent driver settings)

This game also does not play on my gaming PC which is why I play it on this slightly less powerful one, but BF2 runs at max res with max everything at a great framerate so I am pretty sure it can't be the hardware problem but is most likely a problem on the software end. Take a look at the pic below and send in any suggestions. Thanks once again! :)

I have some friends who had that problem and it turned out to be the graphics card...
I dont know if they fixed it or something but u should try to use a skin and see if u still see the ground textures bugged.
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

August 25, 2016, 10:40:04 PM #2 Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 10:45:01 PM by GURVIR
Ok thank you Anyder, and sorry for posting it in the wrong section last time.

And can you also suggest some texture mods for Battlefront 1? All I see is Battlefront II mods. Thanks.

1. Go to https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!IslFkTSL
2. Click on Direct X 9.0
3. Right Click on 14.12.zip
4. Do a Standard Download
5. Extract Files to Same location as BattlefrontII.exe (locations for both Steam and disc versions will be provided below)

This will prevent you from having to do a driver "rollback" simply by using older AMD Driver Dlls.

Some people have reported crashes after appyling these changes. To fix this, use a different Driver Version under DirectX 9.0 for Step 3. Not all drivers may be supported by your AMD GPU which might cause your game to crash at launch.

Disc Directory: Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > LucusArts > Star Wars Battlefront II > GameData >

Steam Directory: Windows (C:) > Program Files (x86) > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Star Wars Battlefront II > GameData

IMHO, someone should let AMD know so that they can fix this issue without people having to go through a lot to fix it themselves.
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Darth Nyx on August 26, 2016, 02:06:12 AM
IMHO, someone should let AMD know so that they can fix this issue without people having to go through a lot to fix it themselves.

1. AMD probably wouldn't care about such an old game
2. It's really not that hard in the grand scheme of things

All I get is a black screen after moving it to the Battlefront 1 GameData directory. I can hear the game music but no video, I backed up the game files before doing this, and the one without the 2 new dlls from 14.12 works just fine. Perhaps this method only works with BF2? I'll keep trying, thanks for the information Jean. Also thank you Anyder, Darth Nyx and Led for your input as well. :) I'll keep troubleshooting with these drivers. Keep the advice coming ;) Thanks once again.

Quote from: GURVIR on August 26, 2016, 12:22:48 PM
All I get is a black screen after moving it to the Battlefront 1 GameData directory. I can hear the game music but no video, I backed up the game files before doing this, and the one without the 2 new dlls from 14.12 works just fine. Perhaps this method only works with BF2? I'll keep trying, thanks for the information Jean. Also thank you Anyder, Darth Nyx and Led for your input as well. :) I'll keep troubleshooting with these drivers. Keep the advice coming ;) Thanks once again.

use a different Driver Version under DirectX 9.0 for Step 3. Not all drivers may be supported by your AMD GPU which might cause your game to crash at launch.

Thanks for the tip Jean, the very last one seemed to work, all the others failed. Although Ginev: Tatooine City mod map does not work anymore it's well worth it, the game looks A LOT better now. Thanks!;)

Quote from: GURVIR on August 26, 2016, 01:40:40 PM
Thanks for the tip Jean, the very last one seemed to work, all the others failed. Although Ginev: Tatooine City mod map does not work anymore it's well worth it, the game looks A LOT better now. Thanks!;)

No problem man. I help a lot of people on the Steam forums with the same issue so all I had to do was copy/paste it in

've got a solution that even worked for me https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!IslFkTSL

download the 14.12 and extract the files to GameData folder.  This gets rid of ALL black and miscolored textures
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.

Quote from: Isaac1138 on August 27, 2016, 08:24:40 PM
've got a solution that even worked for me https://mega.nz/#F!8tlAhDyQ!2AkAQukJKAYuIWEzDTGtFA!IslFkTSL

download the 14.12 and extract the files to GameData folder.  This gets rid of ALL black and miscolored textures

That's exactly what I said just with less details on your post

I have the same problem, but mine isn't going away. I followed the instructions but nothing has changed.

Hey it seems you are playing my Tatooine city map.Did you try reducing the terrain graphics from the video option to medium or low?It may help.For me the terrain is black with no texture if i am on high terrain settings.