SWBFLeague - New SWBF1 Tournament

Started by Red04SWBF, February 25, 2017, 06:16:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everyone!

Some will know that a few weeks ago I did a survey here in SWBFGamers about tournament schedules. The fact is that I was interested in carrying out one, and I promised that I would make it official. Well, here I present the tournament!!!

It's called SWBFLeague. It consists of an online tournament of a total of 30 games, 1-2 per week, where players must add points on a scoreboard. The main element of this tournament is that it values the score of each of the players instead of the teams (it's not a clan tournament). There will be a total of 7 awards, of which 3 are related to 1st place, 2nd place and 3rd place in the ranking. In addition the tournament has its own website (here I leave the link):

http://swbfleague.ucoz.es/

In the website you'll find all the information related to the tournament, a forum where you can ask, create new topics, comment... (only users who are registered), a photo album where some screenshots will be published and a scoreboard that will be updated every weekend. The tournament hasn't started yet, but you can register now if you are interested in participating.

I think this tournament is a good idea to bring together players looking for another type of tournament that isn't related to the clan tournaments and have a greater role at the individual level as a player.

I encourage you to participate!!!  :cheers:
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

February 25, 2017, 07:26:12 PM #1 Last Edit: February 25, 2017, 07:31:50 PM by Joseph
Nice idea. I highly recommend that you do all of the organization via this site, and not the other one. Doing so will increase the visibility of the tournament. This site is the SWBF1 information hub. Also, every time someone makes a post, the thread will be bumped and appear on the front page for a while.

Which maps will be played? It would be cool to have some mod maps included.

I would prefer no TK.

Thanks! Your recommendation is good (that's why I announced the tournament here) but I couldn't leave the website aside because there are already players who have registered. Also, it took me time and patience to make this website and organize the tounament.

Anyway, the idea of ​​making the tournament via SWBFGamers is likely to attract more players interested in participating. But don't worry about all this, I have a solution: I could follow the tournament simultaneously on both websites.

Another thing related to all this. There will be an official registration period within the tournament that will be made public soon. Following your recommendation, it will take place here and on the website so, but keep in mind the following: players who register in the list of participants must write their nickname and email. This means that in addition to confirming your participation, you will be registered on the website as well. I know it's a bit crazy, but as I mentioned earlier I can't abandon the users who are already linked in on website.

About maps, at the moment they will be only maps already included in the original version of the game, however Tatooine: Jabba is an exception (almost everyone has 1.2 version of the game). I don't think it's a bad idea about mod maps, quite the opposite, it seems super good. But for this 1st Edition I prefer to experiment with the original maps. Maybe there are mod maps if there's a 2nd Edition... :)

About TK: It's hard for me to decide. And I say it because I'm not sure if I should disable it or not. But according to the established format I think it would seriously damage the score of some players more than others if they accidentally kill players of the same side. It would be unfair to many, and maybe I decide to disable the TK.

Thanks for your advice Joseph! I hope you get involved and you know, if you have any doubts or curiosity about the tournament, you can also visit the SWBFLeague website! :happy:
AR Clan Discord: https://discord.gg/gmmSm5e | Star Wars: Battlefront - 20th Anniversary (2004-2024)

Just curious why not tournament in BF2 ? :(

BTW organizing this looks awesome site and everything good job man ;)

You have certainly put a lot of work into your website.  In addition to the items put forward by Joseph, I will also mention that tournaments hosted through SWBFgamers are eligible for awards badges on this site.   :cheers:
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Will teams be fair sided? Based on what I saw on the website, it looks like points will be highly based on capturing command posts. If only one team has dark troopers or jet troopers, this could be considered unfair in my eyes.

Thank you all!

The fact is that I don't make a tournament for SWBF2 because I'm usually more active in the multiplayer mode of SWBF1, although someday it wouldn't be wrong to organize a SWBFLeague tournament in SWBF2.  :)

I've taken into account what you've told me. As I said before, I can organize the tournament here, but I'll also do it on my website because there are users who have already registered there. I don't see a bad idea about the trophies either, but I'll need some time because I haven't started designing them yet.

Finally, I agree with your argument SirPimped, but fifty-fifty. The fact that on one side all players choose Jet Troopers as Republic or Dark Troopers as the Empire implies some advantage against the others within the game, but doesn't mean the same outside. Whether you're on the same side or the opposite side, you are also competing against those on your side if you consider the scoreboard. I give a clearer example: If you choose the Dark Trooper and the other players too, that means that everyone will capture the maximum of command posts during the game and to kill players with the same unit. But it's not just capturing command posts and you're done! If you have 0 KP it won't do you any good... Also, it isn't always easy to capture an enemy command post when enemy players appear just when you're trying to capture one. Finally no one is obliged to play with the same unit, whether you are from the same clan or not, if you are a good player or you aren't... After all, I repeat, this is an individual tournament, not a clan tournament...

I add that sometimes it means nothing to choose a Dark Soldier or a special unit, with a Wookiee Smuggler you can kill him even though it's slower!  :P

I haven't fully read this so forgive me if I am incorrect. But if this is an individual tournment played as team games then wouldn't this involve a lot of sabotage to your team. e.g killstealing and shooting teammates with rockets/nades (espeically when about to get cps).

March 01, 2017, 09:42:58 AM #8 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 10:00:59 AM by DarthRedux04
In fact, the only thing that matters is the score that each player gets when the game ends. If you play on one side, you can only kill players on the other side if TK is off (which is the case).

Hello my swbf1 buddies i am interested to participate and already thanks to all for your job on organizing it !  :moo:

March 01, 2017, 06:44:24 PM #10 Last Edit: March 01, 2017, 07:40:39 PM by Joseph
Quote from: DarthRedux04 on March 01, 2017, 09:42:58 AM
In fact, the only thing that matters is the score that each player gets when the game ends. If you play on one side, you can only kill players on the other side if TK is off (which is the case).

But one might be nade/rocket/etc.-stunned by players on one's own side (as an example of the possible sabotage). Perhaps this could be avoided by awarding everyone on the winning side some extra points, to incentivize cooperation.

In general, I rarely enjoy games where one side is all or mostly jet and the other side has no jets available (at least on GCW). Much less so if the game is CP-based.

My personal score in the tournament would not matter much to me if the games were not enjoyable for their own sake.

We have a fair sides mod that can be used if so desired by the tournament organizer/host.  It does not even have to be downloaded, only installed on the server.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I'm glad you were excited to join Majesty! On Friday I'll post the "Signing-Up" page on SWBFGamers.com and SWBFLeague website: http://swbfleague.ucoz.es/

It's true that there are aspects of this tournament that are somewhat contradictory Joseph... But I don't understand how you can assume this if it hasn't started yet. The only thing I want is that the players that participate play fair as in any tournament. The way you play in SWBFLeague is basically the same as when you enter a public server (as in the Cloud City server), with the idea of not disturbing those on your side. Finally, I insist that you don't obsess about the idea that "the game is based on capturing CP". If you have 0 KP or very few after all it won't do you any good to do just this. From my point of view, the number of KPs is more important than the number of CPs you have captured. CPs only multiply the number of KPs you have obtained after all.

Thanks for your contribution Led! I'll see if I try it on my own SWBFLeague server...

Oh! - I just found about this new league for Battlefront - I'm sad I missed  :slap: :bye:!

Well, when I play online  :censored:, I usually am in CS GO, but I'll see to join the next season of this league! :happy: