The "Strange things" Thread

Started by Snake, April 26, 2012, 03:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
StatusTexture

Possibly the icon on the weapon/health/ammo bar?
I say that because all the other hud_*_icon.tga's are tiny blue silhouettes.

Though that file seems to not exist, anywhere.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on September 30, 2013, 08:58:56 PM
Virtual         = "1"
Found in the ewok catapult ODF under its turret section.

SoundProperty = "com_amb_fire"
AttachToHardPoint = "hp_fire"

Apparently you can attach sound to a point in a MSH? Thats cool. -Probably just me not knowing what I'm doing.
--
well idk what the virtual = 1 thing really does but maybe it was intended to be a vehicle classlabel function similar to autopilot for remotedroid classlabel?

I'm not sure if you even need to reference the hardpoint to add sound to an object. Unless Animation       =   "idle" is triggering it. I remember modding this file and nulling out the sound line to make the screaming droid on jabba shut up lol

Code (tat3_bldg_torturedroid.odf) Select

[GameObjectClass]

ClassLabel      =   "animatedprop"
GeometryName    =   "tat3_bldg_torturedroid.msh"

[Properties]

GeometryName    =   "tat3_bldg_torturedroid"
AnimationName   =   "tat3_bldg_torturedroid"
Animation       =   "idle"

SoundProperty = "victim_amb"

Quote from: Phobos on September 30, 2013, 09:31:03 PM
I remember modding this file and nulling out the sound line to make the screaming droid on jabba shut up lol
LOL. I keep thinking that every time I play that map..

... Screaming droids running around during a Jawa attack ... I Like It!

Fun Fact: It looks like we were supposed to be able to throw nades different distances by charging it like the crossbow.

ChargeRateLight         = "1.0"
MaxChargeStrengthLight  = "1.0"
ChargeDelayLight        = "0.0"
ChargeRateHeavy         = "1.0"
MaxChargeStrengthHeavy  = "0.25"
ChargeDelayHeavy        = "1.45"
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Nice.  Now we can make a baseball mod  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on April 29, 2014, 11:46:11 AM
Nice.  Now we can make a baseball mod  ;)
Yes yes yes yes yes!

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7263.0

Just have this bad boy deflect and that's half the mod XD

Hahaha! Unfortunately deflect only works with lasers.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 29, 2014, 01:00:02 PM #83 Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 01:07:55 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Quote from: Snake on April 29, 2014, 12:43:20 PM
Hahaha! Unfortunately deflect only works with lasers.
I swear on my life that I've played a mod where the jedi had a saber that deflected EVERYTHIng.. including rockets (projectiles, you could just substitute a rocket model with a baseball and make some sort of wing effect behind it instead of a fire trail) It was kind of retarded :P

edit- Even if it only did deflect lasers, we could still just have "Laser Ball," which could be just short and a little bit wide lasers with a low terrain glow.

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 29, 2014, 01:00:02 PM
I swear on my life that I've played a mod where the jedi had a saber that deflected EVERYTHIng.. including rockets (projectiles, you could just substitute a rocket model with a baseball and make some sort of wing effect behind it instead of a fire trail) It was kind of retarded :P

edit- Even if it only did deflect lasers, we could still just have "Laser Ball," which could be just short and a little bit wide lasers with a low terrain glow.

Ah, yeah thats a good idea. Well, I meant it only deflects projectiles from guns. But a ball launcher is possible. The other team could all have ball launchers and you have to run to where the ball is hit (deflected) to, before you can throw (shoot) a ball to the 1st baseman. It's definitely possible!
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

What about when the ball get deflected into the ground? do sabers deflect the sticky class

Quote from: MileHighGuy on April 29, 2014, 02:53:34 PM
What about when the ball get deflected into the ground? do sabers deflect the sticky class

Hmm, maybe a mortar launcher could be deflected? That way the ball would roll for a few feet atleast. And no, I don't think so.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

SetMemoryPoolSize("FlyGotoHelper", 64)

I wonder what this does..

Found it in the bes1 lua
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I may only guess: this memory pool, helping flyers, to choose: where are they need to go... :shrug:
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

:rofl:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

They look like ants making an ant tower. Yes i was able to climb them to the top.