Standard Rebel Pistol?

Started by Hardcore, February 23, 2009, 02:32:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
is it just me, or does the normal Rebel pistol seem rather, silly shaped? flat and very uninteresting like the other models, pistols ect

thoughts?
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Never noticed before, but now that I'm looking at it, it looks kind of nicely detailed. I will compare with the other pistols. Nice hi-res screenie though.

I personally find that more interesting than other pistols. The CIS pistol is very boring to me. It's just my opinion though, so please don't criticize me for it. Same as SchTick; nice high resolution screen shot.

as long as it's fat enough to shoot the enemy when I run outa ammo! 'take that ya baddies!'

I think it is an insult to be killed with a pistol! I always try not to die when faced with a pistol...then I have to prob of the manly decision of when to run away before you get pistol popped...arg, that sound even worse than being shot!

Nice High-Res Screenshot!

Oh and the pistol looks a bit odd from that angle. I don't really remember what the other pistols look like, so I can't compare.

"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

Quote from: "Satellite"Well, it does look similar to the actual prop...

I guess they were trying to make it "correct" so they followed the movie's Rebel pistols. I'll have to watch the movie again sometime.

I think it looks fine. The giant scope probably makes it look a bit flat in comparison, but it's modeled after Solo's DL-44, which was originally just a modified Mauser C96, which was rather flat.
Playing SWBF on a Mac Since 4.6 years ago!

Quote from: "Mac"
Quote from: "Satellite"Well, it does look similar to the actual prop...

I guess they were trying to make it "correct" so they followed the movie's Rebel pistols. I'll have to watch the movie again sometime.

The movies showed the pistols?

Viruses are like the New York Lottery. "Hey, you never know"

//http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Hansoloprofile.jpg
//http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:HanEndor.jpg
//http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:HanBlasterHoth.jpg

Out of curiosity Hardcore, why is your reinforcement counter, pardon the informality, out of whack? And were you playing on a custom map?
"I realized the moment I fell into the fissure that the book would not be destroyed as I'd planned. It would continue falling into that starry expanse, of which I had only a fleeting glimpse..."

That's Theta Squad commando mode, so there are only ten commandos and 100 wookies (or something)

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

Yes it was the Theta Squad, but the main reason and i know it was based off the gun in the movies/stories but i still think someone could have come up with a better design, it just looks strange IMO.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

It doesn't look quite as bad in 1st person, but in 3rd person it look REALLLLLLY flat. i still agree though, that it could've been made to look wider..

I don't look at the weapons that much. But now that I am looking at it, it looks okay to me.
If I were to try and redo it, I'd probably shorten the barrel and lose the "silencer" thingy, and contour the handle a little. .. and maybe shorten the handle and scope just a tad to match the shortened barrel. Other than that it seems fine to me.
... Nice hi res screen shot.