Heartbleed Bug

Started by Gold Man, April 14, 2014, 06:06:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Not sure if anyone has heard, but there's a new bug in the interwebs called Heartbleed. I don't know if HostGator has upgraded their OpenSSL yet, but if not, then gentlemen, we all need to change our passwords.

Alternatively, if your ISP has not upgraded their server, you are in major trouble, as many hackers now have the access to hack your personal info from websites. In other words, change your passwords IMMEDIATELY.

You may also want to check if your device has OpenSSL installed. If it does, you may already have the bug. If it doesn't then you're most likely safe.

Here's the website for the bug if you wish to know more about it: http://heartbleed.com/

yeah, lots of places are being effected with this junk.. ive already changed my passwords (about a week ago, actually).

unfortunately things like minecraft have shut down some of their system to try and shut the door on it and make sure they're safe before opening up again.. i was registering minecraft when i got shut out, now ill have to wait a couple of weeks..

April 14, 2014, 11:15:43 AM #2 Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 02:31:00 PM by Ltin
Anyone running android 4.1.1 is also affected.

Quote from: Ltin on April 14, 2014, 11:15:43 AM
Anyone running android 4.1.1 and below is also affected. 4.1.2+ is okay.

Welp, time to toss my cell phone! (I use Gingerbread 3.1.6)

Good thing I have my dad's iPhone 4S to factory unlock and jailbreak.  :shady:

Quote from: Gold Man on April 14, 2014, 11:22:30 AM
Welp, time to toss my cell phone! (I use Gingerbread 3.1.6)

Good thing I have my dad's iPhone 4S to factory unlock and jailbreak.  :shady:
Whoops I lied. Its only 4.1.1. No other versions are vulnerable.

Good luck with that if he's running 7.1, it turns out that Apple patched the iTunes exploit used by jailbreaks to operate. It sucks man
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on April 14, 2014, 02:45:40 PM
Good luck with that if he's running 7.1, it turns out that Apple patched the iTunes exploit used by jailbreaks to operate. It sucks man

Nah, he's running 6.1.3, the "impossible-to-jailbreak" version of iOS 6.

And now that you mention that Ltin, I guess that means I'l have to keep my phone...  :dry:

But back to the subject guys, has anyone reset their passwords? Has HostGator updated their OpenSSL?

Good

Your right lets get back on topic

No, IDK

Quote from: Gold Man on April 14, 2014, 02:50:21 PM

But back to the subject guys, has anyone reset their passwords? Has HostGator updated their OpenSSL?

I'm not sure we use a secure connection for passwords here...
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on April 14, 2014, 04:00:54 PM
I'm not sure we use a secure connection for passwords here...