Help!

Started by (C4)Ldr.PhantomBunny, February 11, 2015, 11:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have tried to install and run SWBF but even in compatibility mode, it doesn't work. My system is windows 7. Any help or advice to get it running is greatly appreciated.
Crazy people do not know they are crazy. I know that I am crazy, therefore I'm not crazy!! Isn't that crazy?!?

Welcome back PhantomBunny! :)

Does it give you any install errors? Does it crash when you start it? Or at some other point?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Compatibility mode is not required for SWBF.  Are you using CD's (1.0) or DVDs (1.2)?

Does it work in single player? or not at all?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

The single player, I finally got working.. Not sure how to get the online play...
Crazy people do not know they are crazy. I know that I am crazy, therefore I'm not crazy!! Isn't that crazy?!?

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1147

download and install the MP gamemaster patch from that link

Thanks so much :) Cant wait to get back online and active again!

Ok, so I have it downloaded, I extracted the file, and when I try to run it, it get a message saying "You cant run this file because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program and try again" I have done this, and I continue to get the same message. Any advice?

Did you extract the executable to the battlefront '/GameData/' Directory?
Binkw32.dll is in that directory along with the original battlefront.exe.

edit- It may ask you to overwrite the file. If you do, that's fine (I just renamed the old one to 'battlefront_cd.exe').

February 11, 2015, 03:17:35 PM #8 Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 08:10:58 PM by Carbon27
Quote from: ~PFA~PhantomBunny on February 11, 2015, 01:47:38 PM
Ok, so I have it downloaded, I extracted the file, and when I try to run it, it get a message saying "You cant run this file because binkw32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program and try again" I have done this, and I continue to get the same message. Any advice?

I'm in a bit of a rush so this post will be a bit uninformative. I have 4 EXEs in my SWBF folder. Look around for some, 1 of my EXEs gives the same error report you get.

EDIT: Now that I am no longer in a hurry...

Just make sure you look around all the folders and click all the EXEs. The binkw32 issue is very common and for me usually just means I am pushing the wrong button. :)

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: ~PFA~PhantomBunny on February 11, 2015, 01:47:38 PM

I gave you the link to the automatic installer.

Extract the auto installer.
Run the auto installer.
Done.

here is a link to a video on how to run the auto installer
NEW:  watch these instructions on video: