Previous topic - Next topic

Capture Command Posts?

Aye
9 (69.2%)
Nay
4 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: January 12, 2014, 09:49:14 PM

January 07, 2014, 02:58:57 AM Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 03:20:38 PM by SleepKiller
All these rules are up for discussion. Feel free to dispute a rule, suggest something be reaffirmed in a different manner or even for a new rule to be added.

Team Rules
All teams shall be required to conform to these rules.

• A team must have a unique name to go by.
  • A team must have a unique tag to put in front of their members' names. The tag should be related to the name of the team.
  • A team is required to have a representative that will serve as the face of the team. They will be responsible for organizing matches with other teams.
  • Each team can have no more than five members. If a player can't make a match the team is permitted to pull in a substitute. The substitute may be any player that is willing to participate. (Even one from another team.)

Rules Surrounding Mods
Any mod is permitted to be used, provided it conforms to the rules set out below.
A mod may not:

• Directly provide a tactical/strategic advantage to a team (For instance, radar.)
  • Provide a excessive combat advantage to a player (For instance, see through walls/wall hacks.)
A mod may:

• Re-skin a map and or sides for the sake of making the game conform to oneself's aesthetic preference.
  • Modify explosion/laser effects.
  • Replace the stock reticules with ones more fitting to the player's liking.

Layout of a Match
Both teams are expected to work out together a time to have the match before a deadline set by the match admin has elapsed. In the event of the teams failing to do this a tournament admin will reach out to the teams to find out why they failed to have the match. The admin based off whatever info he ascertains may decide to allow the teams more time, award the match to one team or declare the match a draw by default. (In event of a draw neither team gets a point for the match.)

Once it has reached the scheduled time for the match to begin both teams have ten minutes for all five of members (or substitute) to join. Once that time has elapsed he match begins. If one team fails to muster five players they can choose to concede then and there or fight without a complete team. A game may start without a match admin present, however if the match ends in a dispute it may just be sent back to a rematch.

You are not permitted to leave the CP you spawn at until the match has begun. You must also not fire any weapons, throw any grenades or deploy any items. (Mines, health kits, etc)

When the match begins it is normal SWBF, save a few things. A team may have no more than one of each class at a time. You should work with your team to determine what classes everyone will play before the match begins. The admin at the match is allowed to decide what happens when a team has two classes of the same kind in play at once. They may award the match to the other team, warn them to change classes or ask the other team what they want to happen.

Tournament and Match Admins
Anyone may sign up to become an admin. Do so visit here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=7451.0, put forward a good application and don't just ask to become one. State which kind you would like to be as well and if you are capable of attending matches. There are two kinds of admins, Tournament and Match.

Tournament Admins have various powers and abilities during the tournament. They may:

• Promote people to Match Admins.
  • Decide the outcome of a disputed match.
  • Remove a team from the tournament.
  • Ban a person from partaking in the tournament.
  • Make a change to the tournaments rules.
All these powers are only to be used after talking to other tournament admins. If a tournament admin is found to be corrupt they can be removed by the tournament host. In addition they may also exercise any power granted to a match admin or any power granted to them in another section of the rules.

A Match Admin is the most important admin and I am hoping we get a few of them. They are expected to be objective and not to voice their opinion on what the match outcome will be. Their role and powers are describe in Layout of a Match.

Disputed Matches
When a team accuses another team of having defeated them unfairly the match becomes disputed. When a match is disputed a tournament admin will get in touch with both teams via the private message system on the forums. Any public flaming/trolling, posting of evidence or just making a scene about it may cause your team to have a weaker case.

If you wish to dispute a match contact a tournament admin. Submit any evidence you may have in your first PM as to avoid complications.

Well that took me a while to write up. I probably missed something and made a million typos. Feel free to discuss the rules, but do so in a civilized manner.

I take it when you say it is like normal battlefront it means that there are cps?

Quote from: {Alpha}.Gen.Kiwi on January 07, 2014, 03:11:32 AM
I take it when you say it is like normal battlefront it means that there are cps?
Indeed. It like all the other rules are up for discussion. I have just defaulted to what I think is more fun. if people want CPs disabled I am happy to oblige.

Gameplay rules sound good. So its a cup or a league or planets like ICW ? (sry if its written in the text)

Quote from: engelskrieger on January 07, 2014, 06:52:03 AM
Gameplay rules sound good. So its a cup or a league or planets like ICW ? (sry if its written in the text)
Ah I didn't write up on that in the rules. My bad.

The tournament itself will be done Round Robin style. In which all the teams will fight each other once, the team with the most wins at the end is the winner of the tournament.

Can we put up a vote for if we want CPs or no CPs? I'm not too crazy about a 5v5 of running around recapturing the same command posts. I think that's more suitable for 8v8.

Just a thought.

#TYBG

imo the standard stock maps aren't all that great for competitive cps since they are for the most part very open maps which means that it is pretty easy to avoid enemies all together and the game simple gets turned into a cat and mouse chase, however some of the mod maps are very good for this kind of thing, Hoth caves is a personally favourite of mine and I'm sure there are lots of other mod maps with similar set up which still allowing some flanking is compacted enough that enemy teams have to confront each other. 

Cast your vote, make your argument or dance a jig if that's your thing.

Well, figuring that it is intended to be more of a team based tournament cps are probably more appropriate than no cps regardless of the map.

EDIT: Just saw you put a poll on above  :slap:

Suggested rule: everyone must meet in the center of the map before the game is played and record a ~10 second video. Someone in the chat should announce start record and end record so that everyone is synced.

Fraps is free for a 30 seconds recording. A 10 second video won't be massive to upload. It's just to prevent unnecessary drama if in the case someone feels the need to have radar/wall hacks.

It's for the better good.

#TYBG

I do agree that something needs to be done about it. My method was to have people download a mod map. It's what I did last tournament and is an effective method. I have actually been working on it and was going to post it later on in the week. I'll leave it up to you lot to discuss which method you would prefer. (Aeria's idea or mine.)

Sleepkiller, what does missing cchl1a mean? I download and follow the direction on copying the 4 maps to the Addon but still get this "Missing cchl1a"...please help  :(
Am I missing a map...?
Thank you for your time and have a good day :)

Odd, it should be drop in and go like any other addon map. Go into your cchl1 folder in addon, if it has another cchl1 folder in it. If it does select it (Just click once), Cut it (Press Ctrl and X at the same time. The folder should turn transparent,) and finally go back into addon and paste it (Control and V this time.)

Thanks, Sleepkiller :)
I am ready to get kill in the tourney now  :moo:

SK--could you put up the tournament test server again?  I could not find which server folder to use (but then I didn't look too hard :)  )
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet