Problems with Star Wars Batlefront 2?

Started by AkiiVox, December 30, 2015, 01:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I have been playing SWBF2 with my mate TheGangstarTY for a while now. However, today, the game started to crash within about 1 minute of me entering the game. I attempted to play about 7-9 times, every one of which resulted in a crash. I have tried resetting all of my settings, as that's the only thing I can think of that may have caused the problem. Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this? If it helps, I'm not running the Steam version. 

If you have mods installed, remove them.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Quote from: Led on December 30, 2015, 01:39:46 PM
If you have mods installed, remove them.

That's the problem. We was able to play on mod maps a lot yesterday, however today it just started crashing for him. Mine was fine but as soon as he joined, his game crashed.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on December 30, 2015, 01:41:10 PM
That's the problem. We was able to play on mod maps a lot yesterday, however today it just started crashing for him. Mine was fine but as soon as he joined, his game crashed.

Sounds like an incompatible mod to me.  (like a mission.lvl file or something)

Quote from: Led on December 30, 2015, 01:46:24 PM
Sounds like an incompatible mod to me.  (like a mission.lvl file or something)

Hmm. It was just a map mod.
Would it be that I sent him my mod folder which had the V1.3 Unofficial Patch yet he hasn't actually installed the V1.3 Unofficial Patch?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Sorry for double post but this issue is now solved. Turns out that some maps are compatible with Multiplayer, others aren't.
There are two ways of finding out one's incompatible with multiplayer:

1. Your friend's game crashes within the first minute of them joining.
2. Your game crashes whilst trying to load up the incompatible map.

I'm unsure as to why some of these are unplayable on multiplayer, but those who've already modded this game may know. If you know why some maps are incompatible, I'd love to know why :)

Also, the crashes are NOT to do with the scale of the battlefield either. We're able to play maps with hundreds of troops as well.

I suspect that just as in SWBF1, some things (mods) just don't work in MP.

A good example of a stock map issue for SWBF1 is Naboo with the Fambaa shield.

SWBF1 mod maps examples include almost all of Sereja's mod maps :P