Visual Changes to the Site

Started by Unit 33, June 18, 2016, 03:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey folks,

I'm going to be fiddling about with the general look of the site, so you may notice some small and some large changes to thing's you're probably used to.

You may not notice any changes at all unless your clear your cache/cookies.

Now before you get your flaming touches and pitchforks out, I will not be changing anything to do with the layout or the function of the forum, I'm just messing with the look of various menu bars etc.

If you have any feedback, feel free to post about it in this thread.

Some ideas I've had is having just two simple themes to the site: a 'light theme' and a 'dark theme' rather than a bunch of redundant themes that are often broken.

I understand a lot of the site hasn't changed in about 8 years, so I understand if you do opt for the flaming torches and pitchforks.

*activates flame shield*

Just kidding, tinker away
  ;)
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Just remember that we're all here for a 12 year old game so change is terrifying for us. ;)
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

I like the new "Who's Online?" icons. Could we have that, but possibly change/remove the icons from the BOTs (Spiders) but keep them on actual users?
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on June 30, 2016, 06:54:30 AM
I like the new "Who's Online?" icons. Could we have that, but possibly change/remove the icons from the BOTs (Spiders) but keep them on actual users?

Yeah it's a tricky one, there doesn't seem to be a way to get SMF to give unique symbols in that block... that I know of.

I'll look for a solution, or just set it back to default.