cut content from BF1

Started by jdee-barc, September 15, 2010, 01:14:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
After seein some screenshots of swbf prototypes and finding random odf msh and req files. There is quite a ton of vehicles, units, and other things cut from SWBF
Clone Commander
Imperial Officer
Bothan
"cis_inf_tactical_droid", what is this?
a clone sniper with a black color scheme instead of read
a blue jet trooper
a Red ARC trooper (probably clone commander)
I found a single req file in the side folder labeled snw. It had to do with something about a wampa.
Also, Clone troopers seem to be using DH-17-like pistols instead of the DC15s carbines. Jet Troopers had blaster rifles as well.
Vehicles
"vtrans". what is this? Why is it not there?
Flash Speeder. I have files for this, and it was going to be in Naboo theed.
K-Wing, trooptrans, Hovernaut, MTT, AT-PT, an AAT with different weapons

Maps
On a screenshot of the Endor map, which was also in the SWBF trailer, there was a  screenshot and footage of gameplay of an AT-ST getting crushed by that weid log trap thing the ewoks use.

Geonosis was completley different. The map was bigger, there were some AT-TE wrecks. The spire was behind the technounion ships, there were those rock formations in between the ships. And off to the side, there were the CIS core ships (the ones that sort of looked like death stars). This is what I'm trying to remake in my Geonosis patch. and There were also LAAT/C gunships (the ones that drop AT-TEs)

Naboo had a different layout too.
There were starfighters on Kamino

In general
Lasers were brighter and more vibrant
Explosions were brighter and bigger.
Friendly CPs were blue instead of green. and the CIS's little logo was different.
To throw a grenade the full distance, you had to do the charge up thing. other wise, you just dropped it on the ground.

and again, what is  rep_fly_vtrans? The only thing I found that related to it was a req file for it, but no ODF.
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

I think Hardcore made a detailed listing of the items cut from SWBF as compared to the early pre-release version.  I am looking for the thread, and will edit my post if I can find it.

Buckler
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

There was a list, actually at this point I don't recall if I made it myself but I did contribute it. And a few things to point out from your list, The Log trap the Ewok's use actually is in the Endor map and will kill you if your lucky. You just have to follow where the bots take the walkers and you should find it.

Naboo and CC did have different layouts (along with a number of other maps)

There is a number of other things, however after looking for almost an hour now, I still can not find the topic- Ill keep looking around and update it once i find it.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

I was the one who made that topic.I cannot recall whether I posted here in my previous incarnation.

http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=18192

Another interesting thing is this:

http://darkangeldtb.deviantart.com/gallery/6356602

This is the person who DEVELOPED the game models for SWBF1, and I think for SWBF2 as well. Of note is the 'Julian Glover' model (Imperial Officer) and the Bothan Spy model, which is different to the BF2 model.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1