Star Wars BattlefrontEA: Rogue One DLC

Started by Luna-old, December 06, 2016, 10:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
My thoughts on the DLC?

It's actually pretty good, very fun. And the maps are beautiful.

I wouldn't say it's on the level of Bespin though, it's much better than the Death Star DLC.

The Infiltration game mode is fun after you get past the space part.
The years just fly past, don't they?

I've heard that a lot of it has been real buggy, invisible walls around foliage, and some installation issues on PS4 / XBONE.

I feel like the development team for this game is pretty much a skeleton crew atm, with EA focussing on other projects, and much of DICE now working on the next Battlefront.

There was a golden period of this game some time back, but now a lot of it feels rushed, and I would presume this is at the fault of higher management.

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 06, 2016, 01:20:46 PM
I've heard that a lot of it has been real buggy, invisible walls around foliage, and some installation issues on PS4 / XBONE.

I feel like the development team for this game is pretty much a skeleton crew atm, with EA focussing on other projects, and much of DICE now working on the next Battlefront.

There was a golden period of this game some time back, but now a lot of it feels rushed, and I would presume this is at the fault of higher management.

The model of Jyn Erso looks ugly up close...

Quote from: Nyx on December 06, 2016, 01:52:42 PM
The model of Jyn Erso looks ugly up close...

I've found the same with most of the hero models (i.e promo shot).

They look great from one specific angle and in certain lighting conditions, but the rest of the time fall into the uncanny valley.

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 06, 2016, 02:07:30 PM
I've found the same with most of the hero models (i.e promo shot).

They look great from one specific angle and in certain lighting conditions, but the rest of the time fall into the uncanny valley.

Hopefully, Battlefront 2EA will be better.

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 06, 2016, 01:20:46 PM

I'm pretty sure it's meant to be like that. It's kind of a last second thought of "How are we going to make people use the path?" or "Our QA are camping in bushes and nobody is playing the objective! How can we stop this?"

Also, I blew this weeks earnings away on the Season Pass, when are DICE going to rediscover Single Player? I like the DLC but some of the community actually gives me crippling depression. Along with the fact that NOBODY PLAYS THE OTHER GAME MODES AND MAPS ANYMORE

I'm absolutely addicted to the Death Star one though.

Back on topic, Rogue One DLC is pretty... crap. I love the infiltration mode but the planet itself is a laggy and buggy mess with horribly unsatisfying lighting. And then of course they threw in some original game modes to make it look like it was worth the money.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my purchase (because I paid about 20% of the original price, which is what it's truly worth), all the good things have been pointed out already though.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

December 20, 2016, 01:39:31 PM #6 Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 01:41:42 PM by Unit 33
The Lando exploit sure is something.

This update really did break a lot of thing.

Having now seen Rogue One, I'm kinda disappointed at the actually content of the DLC, but I would presume that the development was pressured into premature launch by upper management.

Pretty much sums up my experience of the game.
It's often seemed obvious that LucasFilm/Disney execs are pushing around the developers to rush stuff out.
I only hope they have enough time to really hash out EA SWBF2

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 20, 2016, 01:39:31 PM
The Lando exploit sure is something.

This update really did break a lot of thing.

Having now seen Rogue One, I'm kinda disappointed at the actually content of the DLC, but I would presume that the development was pressured into premature launch by upper management.

Like the game itself.

Quote from: Nyx on December 20, 2016, 01:41:33 PM
Like the game itself.
That's weird, I just edited my post to say that and you posted at the exact same time.

Spooky!

Quote from: Unit 33 on December 20, 2016, 01:43:00 PM
That's weird, I just edited my post to say that and you posted at the exact same time.

Spooky!

Well, to answer what you originally said: I think they were trying to stay away from the major spoiler part of things? I just wish in the sky of Scarif [spoiler] you'd be able to see the fleet fighting and the Star Destroyer being pushed into the shield gate to destroy it. [/spoiler]

I also think that the amount of information the development team had to go on before the release of the film was pretty limited.

Perhaps if the DLC had actually come out after the film, they could have revised a couple of things, and not rushed it out.

And I don't mean just in regards to spoilers...

There was a lot of potential content in Scarif which would have been pretty amazing in Battlefront format.