Skirmish Mode Released!

Started by TheGangstarTY, July 09, 2016, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Darth Nyx on July 15, 2016, 03:29:47 AM
"Will it cost" Considering how many of the new modes that they've released have to be bought in the expansions, then I bet that this might cost as well. I won't spread EA/Dice hate here.

According to Robby from Star Wars HQ, EA/DICE have officially announced Skirmish along with "other free DLC" as well as a trial to the Bespin DLC. I'd assume from these words, he's hinting that it will be free thank God.

Also, the next hero for Death Star was described as "Larger than Life" which in my opinion could mean Obi-Wan is here. I follow the belief that it means Obi-Wan because of the quote "You may strike me down but I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." However Robby believes it would be Chewbacca as it makes the most sense (apparently).

I just can't believe that it's only 5 days away from all of this happening! I cannot wait to load up the only Battlefront game that's rarely spoke of on my PC, let alone played! Might just go on now to await the hype!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 15, 2016, 03:56:09 AM

According to Robby from Star Wars HQ, EA/DICE have officially announced Skirmish along with "other free DLC" as well as a trial to the Bespin DLC. I'd assume from these words, he's hinting that it will be free thank God.

Also, the next hero for Death Star was described as "Larger than Life" which in my opinion could mean Obi-Wan is here. I follow the belief that it means Obi-Wan because of the quote "You may strike me down but I will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine." However Robby believes it would be Chewbacca as it makes the most sense (apparently).

I just can't believe that it's only 5 days away from all of this happening! I cannot wait to load up the only Battlefront game that's rarely spoke of on my PC, let alone played! Might just go on now to await the hype!

I will be updating the Deathstar DLC post whenever I get more news, like I did with the "larger than life" thing. But, if any of you get it, feel free to post updates on that post as well.
The years just fly past, don't they?

I just want to know if we'd be able to mod it more with Skirmish!

Star Card hands will work like they do in Missions, with two preset hands (that differ between factions unlike Missions) with the third being the first custom hand in MP. Endor will have unique hands for each faction when compared to other maps.

No word on appearance customization yet.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Darth Nyx on July 15, 2016, 11:07:33 AM
I just want to know if we'd be able to mod it more with Skirmish!
I don't think you could mod it much to begin with, aside from possibly skin mods.

Quote from: Gistech on July 15, 2016, 11:16:42 AM
Star Card hands will work like they do in Missions, with two preset hands (that differ between factions unlike Missions) with the third being the first custom hand in MP. Endor will have unique hands for each faction when compared to other maps.

No word on appearance customization yet.
Do you have to earn it by playing hard mode like in missions, or will it always be available?

Also, any word on whether the DLC maps will be available to play on? I tweeted to Dennis about it but he hasn't gotten back to me about it.

EA have NEVER supported modding so you'd be risking a ban. However their anti-cheat "Fair Play" is absolute garbage anyway so you'll get away with it most likely. I think it would open modding opportunities up to those of that skill.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: Commander Awesome on July 15, 2016, 11:23:08 AM
I don't think you could mod it much to begin with, aside from possibly skin mods.
Do you have to earn it by playing hard mode like in missions, or will it always be available?

I'm not sure.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on July 15, 2016, 11:23:08 AMAlso, any word on whether the DLC maps will be available to play on? I tweeted to Dennis about it but he hasn't gotten back to me about it.

I believe the free DLC maps Graveyard of Giants, Twilight On Hoth and Survivors Of Endor will be available. As for the Season Pass stuff, I don't know. I'll ask on Sunday.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 15, 2016, 11:23:27 AM
EA have NEVER supported modding so you'd be risking a ban. However their anti-cheat "Fair Play" is absolute garbage anyway so you'll get away with it most likely. I think it would open modding opportunities up to those of that skill.

That's what ruined the game for me, way too many cheaters out there that don't get banned.

It seems that EA got the date wrong. The update will release Thursday, not Wednesday.
In Progress:

On Hold:

Quote from: Gistech on July 15, 2016, 01:03:33 PM
It seems that EA got the date wrong. The update will release Thursday, not Wednesday.

Not too bad. Only a one day difference. I hope it's worth the wait!

I'm not getting my hopes up, the hopes for this game that I had.. Died when I rediscovered the way to play online in SWBF2.

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 15, 2016, 11:23:27 AM
I know it's a different game/developer, but EA has supported modding on Simcity. 

And besides, there are EA Battlefront mods out there.. Well, at least lighting and lensflare improving mods for battlefront EA.

This probably doesn't do much difference to the game, but this is what I found.

You can also bet some people have done basic skin modding via Texmod for the game.
In Progress:

On Hold: