Team Fotress 2

Started by Nikoli, October 18, 2010, 02:40:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm curious, why isn't this one of the MPC sponsored games? It's for both Mac and PC and it's practically the same thing as SWBF. Or am I the only one who still plays this here?

I play TF2 occasionally; though Halo: Reach has pretty much taken all my time away from me.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Practically the same thing as swbf?

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

As in a class based shooter I assume.

ah, in that case CoD4 is the same as l4d2. :P

Quote from: Master Zen on October 18, 2010, 03:47:52 PM
As in a class based shooter I assume.

Yeah; TF2 is really nothing like SWBF.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

your signature confuses me zorba :)

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on October 18, 2010, 05:57:18 PM
your signature confuses me zorba :)

Way to be on topic.

/sarcasm

Team Fortress 2 is a lovely game, however I honestly have too many games on my hands. I remember spending hours on that game.

#TYBG

Also a server for tf2 would cost alot more than l4d2. That is just a guess tho because tf2 needs more slots than l4d2

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on October 18, 2010, 07:44:02 PM
Also a server for tf2 would cost alot more than l4d2. That is just a guess tho because tf2 needs more slots than l4d2

Indeed. It's fairly expensive unless you're working off a steady income.

#TYBG

We would like to have TF2 as one of our more active games around here, we had been planning a TF2 night every once in a while but it comes down to needing somewhere we know we can play, because people get bored of waiting while we find one with room for us all, also we wanted to try and shift focus onto one game so we could keep light on SWBF aswell. Also honestly, TF2 is a rather hard game to pick up, and thats what we need with a community game :)

So its more just us trying not to stretch what resources we have to thin. However if you would like to run a TF2 night let me know and I can try and help you set it up.

On the lines of it being like SWBF, it is like SWBF- you have command post, classes and its a skilled game- and its like CoD4 in that its faster paced, and has customizable load outs.
QuoteSow the wind and reap the whirlwind
Through the rain and through the shine
Only something with a meaning can stand the test of time

Swbf doesn't have fun multiple gameplay modes and tf2 is capable of sub100 pings :)

I am not a TF2 fan for a couple of reasons:

A. I suck at it.
B. It is hard for me to suck less at it, because everyone is good at it.
C. I do not enjoy sucking at anything.
D. There is a very active and established userbase that we would not be able to get into very easily.
E. It just does not appeal to me. Whether it is the art or or the general design, I just don't really like it. Perhaps I am broken.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

You are broken.... :XD: lol
Well what ever you guys think would be best. I would try and run a dedicated but I'm not home much and the server would suffer random ping spikes since I'm on shared dsl bandwidth. but if any of you are still into the game I play it quite frequently now. (BC2 has kinda lost it's appeal until EA fixes the many bugs)

At least the art in tf2 isn't as bad as borderlands...  Idk I just don't like that game.