Civilization V Mac

Started by zorba1994, October 07, 2010, 03:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
There's a rumor floating around that Civ V will come out for the Mac in the coming weeks.

That is all.

I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

Quote from:  aghaha zorba, I'm going to remember you said that

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

We know it will come out for Mac eventually,
But hearing it will be in the next few weeks brings joy to my ears.

Hopefully it will launch for steamplay

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

Quote from: Tyler Durden on October 07, 2010, 04:44:11 PM
We know it will come out for Mac eventually,
But hearing it will be in the next few weeks brings joy to my ears.

same here.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!

dangerous narcotics are god's way of saying that its ok for idiots to auto-darwinate

Quote from: Soap Mactavish on October 07, 2010, 05:33:26 PM
Hopefully it will launch for steamplay

YES. I don't want to buy two copies.

#TYBG

My friend Kevin won't stop asking ne to buy it. Would love a review from you guys

Sure, this is my review on the Civ series: "Boring"

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

That's your review for everything thats not swbf

Of course not!!!!! i like a lot more then swbf, just not the games you seem to like

Examples: CoD, Warcraft 3, KotOR, Harry Potter, AoE and lots and lots more

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Civ 5 works great on crossover!   It has trouble starting up, but other than that the gameplay is at PC level.

eww crossover

Judging by the fair (however not overkill like SF) amount of time spent of CivIV, I am still wondering whether or not I should get this game. Civilization is a game that I'd want to spend constant time on rather than playing occasionally. With so many games that I'd like to play and games that I still play regardless... I'm unsure if I should spend the time to play it.

Here's a question to the people who are already playing it, how much has changed/not changed from IV? Is it worth being a new game?

#TYBG

Quote from: ag on October 13, 2010, 06:21:25 PM
Judging by the fair (however not overkill like SF) amount of time spent of CivIV, I am still wondering whether or not I should get this game. Civilization is a game that I'd want to spend constant time on rather than playing occasionally. With so many games that I'd like to play and games that I still play regardless... I'm unsure if I should spend the time to play it.

Here's a question to the people who are already playing it, how much has changed/not changed from IV? Is it worth being a new game?

It has received all around top-marks from critics, though some of super hardcore CIV fans don't like it (surprise surprise). Basically, it just has 1 main gameplay flaw that is more of an annoyance (It's not a bug, it's a feature!) that you can't change your civics/government at will, meaning that you have to decide how you're going to win at the beginning of the game, and they got rid of religion instead of fixing it, which makes me a sad panda.

Otherwise, it apparently looks and plays great, and they finally fixed the game (by switching to logical hexes instead of squares, which would let you go through phalanxes of enemies with ridiculous ease and make navigating awkward) to make wars actually strategic and fun to play through.
I make signatures!

Hetalia FTW!