Republic side not accepting mods

Started by Oceans14, April 09, 2015, 10:14:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I seem to be having an interesting problem, something that I suspect has to do with the fact that the republic side has odfs for default, ep2, and ep3 troopers. 

Anyway, I am modding the stock republic side (those are the ep3 clones).  What I don't understand is that when I tweak the odf (for either the default or ep3) and try to change the weapon loadout, I see no change in the game.  I saved the odf, munged, added the dc: into the lua script. 

For example, I gave the rifleman the sniper rifle.  He spawns in with the award rifle, so I simply removed the award rifle option from the odf.  Oddly, he still has the award rifle.  Apparently there is a line of code that I can't find that functions to override every other weapon and replace it with its award counterpart. 

Anybody have thoughts on this?  I realize my explanation is pretty convoluted; I'll be happy to clarify anything. 

Thank you!

April 09, 2015, 12:13:55 PM #1 Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 12:17:49 PM by Anyder
Wait, u mean that u gave the stock sniper rifle the sniper rifle and u spawn with the award rifle ?

EDIT: Well, idk if u have done it, but everytime u munge u should clean it afterwards...
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

April 09, 2015, 12:25:02 PM #2 Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:12:10 PM by Unit 33
No, I gave the stock rifleman (regular clone trooper with the DC15) the sniper rifle but he spawns with the award rifle regardless.  BUT... I haven't cleaned, which I hadn't thought of.  It may help.

Edit: No change.  I didn't realize this before but the engineer unit isn't showing up ingame anymore... Odd.  All I did was remove the award shotgun from his odf.  I'm thinking it would be prudent to delete the whole mod folder and give it a fresh start. 

Okay, fixed it.  What I had done is changed the animation for the commando pistol (the short little handgun one) to "rifle", because I was trying to make a DC-15 carbine.  Turns out its the generic pistol that can be held as a rifle, not the commando pistol, because the barrel is so short... Pretty sure I just freaked out the game by asking it to draw  and animate something it couldn't. 

Also, this time around I commented out the award weapons in the odf instead of removing the line altogether.  I should've known better  :slap:

I still don't understand how the loadout defaulted back to award weapons... maybe when the game noticed an error in the dc side it switched back to the stock side.  But that doesn't explain why the engineer disappeared... Lol, needless to say I hosed that side pretty good. 

Hmm, its happening again.  Modified the mesh and skin for all troopers, but the game still shows them as the stock sides.  I don't know how its drawing them though because the meshes are literally different (confirmed by mesh viewer).  No errors after munging... Suggestions? 

Thank you.

I'm not sure about 2, but SWBF1 can do weird things for absolutely no reason. Sometimes all you can do is scratch it and start again. You can try posting the odf's you edited. I have a little experience with SWBF2 odf's so I'll take a look at them.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

April 12, 2015, 08:20:59 AM #5 Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 08:25:13 AM by Oceans14
I don't think it's a problem with the odfs.  The changes I made to those are appearing in the game.  The changes were to the mesh for each unit.  Here is the ep3 rifleman odf which is unedited.

[GameObjectClass]
ClassParent         = "rep_inf_default_rifleman"

[Properties]
GeometryName        = "rep_inf_ep3trooper"
GeometryLowRes      = "rep_inf_ep3trooper_low1"
FirstPerson         = "REP\reptroop;rep_1st_trooper"

The mesh is named rep_inf_ep3trooper as it should be, as is the tga, .option, and low res.  Any chance this could have something to do with the .req files? 

Quote from: Oceans14 on April 12, 2015, 08:20:59 AM
I don't think it's a problem with the odfs.  The changes I made to those are appearing in the game.  The changes were to the mesh for each unit.  Here is the ep3 rifleman odf which is unedited.

[GameObjectClass]
ClassParent         = "rep_inf_default_rifleman"

[Properties]
GeometryName        = "rep_inf_ep3trooper"
GeometryLowRes      = "rep_inf_ep3trooper_low1"
FirstPerson         = "REP\reptroop;rep_1st_trooper"

The mesh is named rep_inf_ep3trooper as it should be, as is the tga, .option, and low res.  Any chance this could have something to do with the .req files?

EDIT: aaaaand it is fixed.  I remunged and cleaned a few times in a row and renamed some skins I wasn't using... I have no idea what was going on there.  Sorry to keep this thread alive for so long, it seems these problems are easily solved if one keeps carefully tweaking. 

Alright, well I'm glad you got it figured out. Modding can be tedious sometimes..
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder