Execution at Geonosis 2 (beta) - just pics, just pics...

Started by Napseeker, November 04, 2010, 11:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm hoping to have it out late January. Having some issues with the brightness of the terrain right now that seem baffling....

Good Luck , once again it looks great  :tu:
Former {FD}Leader.Fire

Quote from: Napseeker on November 28, 2010, 03:56:14 PM
I'm hoping to have it out late January. Having some issues with the brightness of the terrain right now that seem baffling....
Hope it turns out as well as it looks. Best of luck to you.
You can run, but you'll die tired.

Take as long as you want Napseeker, maybe you might make it before my 17 birthday. and then in the readme thing it says: "congratulations on your birthday V" and then we here...at MPC all know who he means

(birthday is in April btw XD)

"Better not be at all than not be noble" - Lord Alfred Tennyson
https://www.facebook.com/SWBFGamers
https://twitter.com/swbfuniverse

Thanks Bacara and Fire, much appreciated.  DVerik/Darth Santa, I do hope it comes out long before April. I should have more time to work on it over the Christmas holidays - the only real problem seems to be the placement of the sun, which despite being directly overhead, still seems to cause the arena to cast a looooong shadow over the arena floor, making it all too dark.

Well it's dark if you have the ShadowQuality turned to High (not a problem if it's low or off, as the ground is "bright" although the units don't seem to cast shadows no doubt because that arena wall's shadow is still there in effect). If I can fix that, I can proceed ahead with the final stuff to do a beta release... it's a fun map, retuned to work on faster PCs and much closer to the events in the film.

I do look forward to this.

Hey, Napseeker, when MPCGamers shuts down, where will you be posting these?
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

I like Ggctuck question!When Mpcgamers shut down where we go?Maybe gametoast?Its not bad idea.There will be the last place where we can mod and talk for BF1 (I think to move my KOTOR MAP-PACK forum there.)
none

Quote from: MileHighGuy on December 16, 2010, 11:15:39 PM
Hey this looks amazing! About the bright terrain, i have a tutorial up about that http://www.mpcgamers.com/smf/index.php?topic=2098.0 hope it helps!

Hey MHG, I saw that tutorial (nice job), but in this case it isn't brightness per se, just the shadow that seems to be cast down onto the terrain from the arena walls itself (which are very high).  If I remove the walls completely from the map, the shadowing for the units work fine, but once they are put back in, they darken the whole terrain. I can brighten it back up again by burning the terrain, but that doesn't really solve the actual issue (i.e. why placing the sun directly overhead the map still causes the shadow).

@ggctuk/gogo12:  gametoast is one possibility, although I would prefer just to stick with mpcgamers if the plan by the new owner is to keep things consistent.  I'm already registered on enough forums and sites, I'd prefer to actually stay with what I'm familiar with.  MXG/MPCG is where I started off and most loyal to, so I'd rather not leave...

On the bad side, I have gotten zero modding done over the holidays due to work commitments... maybe Darth Verik shall get his April "birthday present" after all, at this rate  :slap:

Quote from: Napseeker on December 28, 2010, 11:22:45 AM
@ggctuk/gogo12:  gametoast is one possibility, although I would prefer just to stick with mpcgamers if the plan by the new owner is to keep things consistent.  I'm already registered on enough forums and sites, I'd prefer to actually stay with what I'm familiar with.  MXG/MPCG is where I started off and most loyal to, so I'd rather not leave...

Just to reiterate for all you guys who are considering leaving, MPC will be given to a new owner (to be disclosed later) and will not be shutting down completely. The new owner is very dedicated to this game and has no intentions of leaving anytime soon. I fully expect the site to remain the same as it always has been and to provide exactly the same services it always has to the community. There is no reason to panic and try to force yourself onto any new sites or create your own.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)

@Jedikiller
Who is the new owner?

@Napseeker
Burning the terrain actually just makes the overall map 100 billion times brighter, to the point where looking at it for extended periods of time will give the mapmaker a headache. But I can't wait for this to come out!
Current Projects:
Battlefront One and a Half Era Mod, v2.0. Making great progress (SWBF)

Jedi said he would say who bought the site at a later date. Meaning not today

"Were bigger than Jesus!"  -John Lennon

So can you release this mod...srry for bumping the topic. :rofl:
If you are good at something, never do it for attention.