The next game has a title... and it is... yep, you guessed it.

Started by Giftheck, March 29, 2017, 01:24:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
The title is a little annoying but I'll just call it SWBF2EA/SWBFEA2 just to differentiate it. I liked EA's Battlefront but hopefully SWBF2EA will be a lot more like the original games, though so far all we know is that it'll have multiple eras, a campaign, and no conquest mode (because they want to differentiate Battlefront from Battlefield... poor excuse, imo).

Quote from: Gistech on March 30, 2017, 12:38:22 AM
Which means Battlefront "2" will be the last one made by DICE before the Curse Of Battlefront 3 hits them.

Well, who says it's gonna be called Star Wars Battlefront III? They could call the third game Star Wars Battlefront: Renegade Squadron. :P

Jk, I'm sure it'll be called Battlefront III.

Just to be clear here: I wasn't trying to attack anyone specific in my previous posts, so I apologize if it came out that way. I'm just tired of all the negativity and anti-EA bias surrounding this game. Give it a chance, guys.
Quote from: DylanRocket on March 30, 2017, 01:02:24 PM
The title is a little annoying but I'll just call it SWBF2EA/SWBFEA2 just to differentiate it. I liked EA's Battlefront but hopefully SWBF2EA will be a lot more like the original games, though so far all we know is that it'll have multiple eras, a campaign, and no conquest mode (because they want to differentiate Battlefront from Battlefield... poor excuse, imo).
^This. So much this.

I enjoyed EA's Battlefront (or as I call it: SWBF1) and I'm really excited for the next one (or as I call it: SWBF2.)

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: Snake on March 30, 2017, 03:36:04 PM
I enjoyed EA's Battlefront (or as I call it: SWBF1) and I'm really excited for the next one (or as I call it: SWBF2.)

i agree with you as well

though i probably still wont buy it, mostly because i dont expect my flimsy 2GB of vram to run it.

Quote from: Ltin on March 30, 2017, 05:19:14 PM
i agree with you as well

though i probably still wont buy it, mostly because i dont expect my flimsy 2GB of vram to run it.

My laptop released around the same time as the game (and indeed, themed on the Dark Side, with backgrounds and sounds from TFA) can't actually run any games from that year as the processor is not good enough and I'm 2GB or RAM short. Figures. Runs everything else very, very well though.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Quote from: Ltin on March 30, 2017, 05:19:14 PM
i agree with you as well

SPECS:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700 3.0GHz Octo-core Processor
GPU: MSI Gaming X AMD Radeon RX 480 with 4GB VRAM
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB 2800MHz

I think I got the chops to run it. :)

(Built my new PC recently btw. :P)

Quote from: Commander Awesome on March 29, 2017, 08:04:44 PM
They already confirmed multiple eras. The question is how many.

Two eras? That's too much work for EA, I don't think they know a difference between a map and an era...
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on April 01, 2017, 09:31:52 AM
Two eras? That's too much work for EA, I don't think they know a difference between a map and an era...
the salt is real

realistically the two eras will be whatever the new war is called and gcw

clone wars would be great, but disney wouldnt like it, and it isnt as compatible with the existing modes and customization system imo.

Well, if the title is anything to go by I think they haven't learned that sticking a known title on something doesn't make it great  :wacko:

I'll wait to see what they pump out before I purchase anything. However I have a lot of beef with EA, so my standards will be high.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Well, "multiple" doesn't exactly mean two, so they could have all 3 eras. CW, GCW and TNT (The New Trilogy.)
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Ltin on April 01, 2017, 10:36:15 AM
the salt is real

Salt? Mate, I need to give a :censored: before I get to that stage :rofl:
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: Ascertes on April 01, 2017, 05:16:18 PM
Well, if the title is anything to go by I think they haven't learned that sticking a known title on something doesn't make it great  :wacko:
I don't think they are sticking the title like that because they think it will make the game great. I think they're just sticking to the naming convention established by pandemic. I would rather it be called Battlefront II than Battlefront 2.
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on April 02, 2017, 08:29:31 AM
Salt? Mate, I need to give a :censored: before I get to that stage :rofl:
You clearly do, at least on some level, or you wouldn't be here.