I'm Done. You are free to go.

Started by Ultimo, December 19, 2014, 05:38:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ultimo,

I share our friend Royal's desire, but I wish to encourage you to stick to your self-improvement convictions!  SWBF will always be there later, in one form or another, but your opportunities for your ambitions and goals may not.  You get bored not because there is nothing to do, but because you don't have the high and constant companionship of BF, am I right?  Always on your mind, in the shower, while you dream, while you are eating lunch, when you are with family, you anticipate the time you can get back to BF.  Just a guess... I could be off base.

SWBF multi-player didn't come to me until long after I finished college.  I had a few kids but only a few.  I was still young and I had playing binges on the PS2.  I didn't always play, but when I did, I couldn't stop until I was exhausted.  I would go to work with 3 or 4 hours sleep, and not an easy job either, but one that you have to bring your A game to almost every day.    Eventually, after a 7-hour late night game-athon,  one of my eye's muscles gave out.  Can't do computer all day and BF all night!  I lost the ability to focus in one eye for about a week.  Later, I had another kid that was in the hospital for 3 months and took up all freetime, and once he got home, gamespy had gone away.  And I got better at work and got a normal amount of sleep and found other interests, and took care of kids a lot.

Now it is back, and it's difficult to balance, but I have to.  But find a balance with continuing education, taking care of family, successful at work, and finally some me / kids time with BF when I can, and when it is appropriate.  So, in that regard, I hope I don't see you on the battlefield any time soon.   Just someday.    {Alpha}Pvt.DM

See ya man,nice knowing and playing with you. Too bad we all one day will stop playing this game but thats how life works. All the luck for you in your carrer.

Thanks, Drunken, but don't worry yourself too much dude. I'm just dropping around here because I haven't gotten everything quite set yet and I'm still bored. I'm not gonna pop in the disc to play again but I am gonna lurk around here if not talk a bit. Thank you, though.

And thank you too, Disciple, it was splendid to me as well.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Well, looks like life may be headed in the right direction for me now. I got my actual computer back today and can really get back to my art!

Thanks everyone, I'll come around and visit a bit.
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

I'm looking forward to see what you can create Ultimo, the field you're entering provides a very rewarding experience. You have my best wishes!

And yes, this time, it really is the Final Update.

I'm going ahead and selling SWBF, along with the other games I was talking about selling.

Thanks again for all the memories. It's been fun! Goodbye SWBFGamers! :wave:
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper