Mod Tools Error

Started by Norwood, December 08, 2014, 09:28:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I downloaded the Mod tools from this site, the ones that Led already updated. Everything seemed to work fine, I ran the registry fix. But when I tried to create a world, I received an error. (Screenshot attached.) I am running windows 8.1. Is there a solution for this?
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

December 08, 2014, 10:01:41 AM #1 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:15:55 AM by Led
What is the location that you have installed the mod tools?

What was the name and short name of the world?
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

C:/LucasArts/BFBuilder Is the exact directory that the tools are installed in.

December 08, 2014, 10:16:54 AM #3 Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 10:20:28 AM by Led
OK, just to check, you uncompressed the rar file, then moved the LucasArts folder onto your C drive?

Also, is your windows installed on the C: drive ?  (it usually is)

What was the name of your Mod ID ?

Thanks Led for your help, it seems I somehow fixed the problem. I decided to try running the zeroeditor to see if it would work. When I first started it, I received a runtime error, but the second time it worked fine, then I went back and tried to create a new world and it worked. No idea why, but it did.

Quote from: Norwood on December 08, 2014, 10:25:10 AM
Thanks Led for your help, it seems I somehow fixed the problem. I decided to try running the zeroeditor to see if it would work. When I first started it, I received a runtime error, but the second time it worked fine, then I went back and tried to create a new world and it worked. No idea why, but it did.

OK.  When you make a new world with the BFbuilderPro, it sets up an entire directory structure based on your modID.  After it is created, you should go into that modID folder to run ZE.

Not sure if this has anything to do with it, but I recieved the same error when I tried to munge. Perhaps the 64bit munge problem?
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

Quote from: Led on December 08, 2014, 10:27:52 AM
OK.  When you make a new world with the BFbuilderPro, it sets up an entire directory structure based on your modID.  After it is created, you should go into that modID folder to run ZE.
Ok, thanks for the reminder!