Some Model Problems

Started by {TCE}Call-of-Duty, July 24, 2014, 08:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Okay, so im trying to put a model into the MSH Viewer, it's the ODST SMG from Halo and the model itself is a .3DS. I imported it into Sketchup but the parts were scattered about (This is the least of my problems) I exported it as a .wrl and tried to open it in the MSH Viewer but nothing happened and I would check with other MSHes but they worked but this one particular model won't work. Any help?
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Hard to say since I don't use Sketchup. It would sound like the particular file is bad, or that it has left over weights/rigging data messing up the geometry. Are you exporting this file yourself, or is the SMG one you found with an online resource (they can be kinda shoddy)?
photobucket limit image removed

July 24, 2014, 08:26:55 PM #2 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:35:39 PM by {TCE}Call-of-Duty
Im exporting it myself from 3DS to .wrl  but the model is from a Halo CE mod site.

EDIT: This is the guy's site that made it, the SMG is a little ways down the page, you can't miss it. http://martynleeball.blogspot.com/

July 24, 2014, 08:35:24 PM #3 Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 08:40:27 PM by MileHighGuy
Does it have a texture assigned to it? It might show up in game but not in the viewer.

I also recommend using the xsi mod tool 7.5 and ZETools. They're both free.

EDIT: you also wont be able to set up a weapon correctly without using xsi.

July 24, 2014, 08:38:04 PM #4 Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 12:39:25 AM by Unit 33
I haven't put it in game yet.

[EDIT]
I hate to double post about my modeling problems but my ZETools doesn't work.

Perhaps read the bottom of this topic: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=6221.0
Okay, serious Deja Vu..

Now im trying to get ZETools to work so I reinstalled everything but ZETools isn't showing up in the toolbar, I've set the Python Script and put the folder in the addon folder but nothing is working.