SWBF a dying community? I think not!

Started by Norwood, July 14, 2014, 07:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is a personal testimony, that this community is not dead or dying, but alive and thriving.

While I appreciate any thoughts or comments, this post is mainly for the benefit of guests, and new members.

If you think that this community is dead or dying you are wrong. This community is very much alive and is continuing to do many things. A great example of that is the upcoming ICW4,(Intergalactic Clan War) a hugh event between many clans in a galactic struggle. Each clan is assigned planets to defend and every week they can attack other clans planets and attempt to take them. Another great example is modding, there are still many modders producing excellent works of art, including unit skins and maps for this community, the modders include people like: Sereja, Epifire, Snake, MileHighGuy and many others (So many I could take a long time to name them.) But you may say, well this is all fine and dandy, but by this point they are an insiders group, new members are probably hard to find, and would be frowned on anyway. If you are thinking this you are wrong, really wrong. I am still a very new member and already feel like a part of this great community, new members are always very kindly welcomed. What about in-game? There are still many people active in-game, and we are using a new method to play online called, GameMaster, which revives the internet option. (Read about how to get it here: [Link]) There are also many thriving clans still active. On a regular day you will find a server with several players in it, and many clan tags are to be seen, including: {PLA},BOB, ~PFA~,[FC],{GRC},{Alpha},{TcF},{U.E.F} and a few others. If you are considering joining this community I would strongly encourage it, we are far from gone, we are still strong. We are always nice, and we would love to have you.

PatriotNorwood
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

Thanks for posting this. Luckily, most of the active members will probably agree with your statements. By the way, unfortunately, Sereja has been less active modding because he lives in an unstable country and Snake is retiring. However, other noteable modders include Me  :P, Gogo12/Ginev, Phobos, TwinkeyRunaway (and others in the 411 remnant), Ggtuk, Tripeder, Sleepkiller, Dark Phantom, Republic Comando and jdee-barc.

I wonder what happened to Tirpider.. Yeah, thanks for this post, it's very inspiring. I'm retiring from modding but I'll still be apart of the community as long as I have internet access.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

WE'VE BEEN SAYING THE COMMUNITY HAS BEEN DYING SINCE 2005.

The community will continue to shrink in numbers but there will always be people playing.

#TYBG

Quote from: Snake on July 14, 2014, 11:17:05 AM
I wonder what happened to Tirpider.. Yeah, thanks for this post, it's very inspiring. I'm retiring from modding but I'll still be apart of the community as long as I have internet access.

Tirpider checks in frequently.  I have PM'd him and he is not able to be active at the present time. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

I agree with this, and thats the main reason this post seems annoying to me. I feel as if this was posted for no reason. The community showed no signs of dieing.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on July 14, 2014, 08:31:55 AM
Thanks for posting this. Luckily, most of the active members will probably agree with your statements. By the way, unfortunately, Sereja has been less active modding because he lives in an unstable country and Snake is retiring. However, other noteable modders include Me  :P, Gogo12/Ginev, Phobos, TwinkeyRunaway (and others in the 411 remnant), Ggtuk, Tripeder, Sleepkiller, Dark Phantom, Republic Comando and jdee-barc.
Thank you CommanderAwesome, yes and like I said "and many others", but thanks for a more comprehensive list of modders. ;)
Quote from: Snake on July 14, 2014, 11:17:05 AM
Glad to hear your still going to be around.
Quote from: aeria. on July 14, 2014, 11:35:45 AM
WE'VE BEEN SAYING THE COMMUNITY HAS BEEN DYING SINCE 2005.

The community will continue to shrink in numbers but there will always be people playing.
aeria., Thanks for being a great encouragement to those who have worked hard for this community, and thanks for your excitement for the future of this community...
Quote from: Ltin on July 14, 2014, 12:39:22 PM
I agree with this, and thats the main reason this post seems annoying to me. I feel as if this was posted for no reason. The community showed no signs of dieing.
If this community showed no signs of dying, then why did I just over three months ago think that SWBF1 was dead? From what I now hear it wasn't, but it was by luck that I found this community. I would like to see others find it without having to rely on luck.

I am sorry if I hurt any feelings, but again as I said, this is not for you guys this is for our guests and new members. (If they want to read it...)

Its still alive. We all play any SWBF game. Us talking is showing that its true.
Nothing is written here...

Quote from: PatriotNorwood on July 14, 2014, 01:01:40 PM...If this community showed no signs of dying, then why did I just over three months ago think that SWBF1 was dead? From what I now hear it wasn't, but it was by luck that I found this community. I would like to see others find it without having to rely on luck.
I guess from that perspective, the point makes sense. However, this post won't really help that much after the topic dies out. And besides, if they found this community, its a sure sign we are still alive right?

Well I dont think im dead or undead so I think were alive.
Nothing is written here...

Hmmm...                I hate to be pessimistic, but...           

Two points I must say:

1. The community is small. And out of that community one can only find a few people they like. When that person moves one, it is likely the other will soon leave. Does that make sense? Even if good and fun matches are hard to come by, there will be singleplayer to use. Well, singleplayer isn't really the best. The ai is a bit too stupid for even matches (Even for me). The only way SP is playable is though mods. Once the modders retire, goodbye SWBF. I really think SWBFGamers will last in some sort of way, maybe without the wonder it has now, but it will last. It truly is a wonderful site.

2. I play SWBF because, well, two reasons. One because it is just a fun game. And also the community is a bit, nicer then most. Most are horrid. Right now I join a game and I leave in disgust. Even PLA Servers (Which have the old no swear, play nice rules still, or did they get removed?) have gotten horrid. I have left a lot of games because people are just not worth dealing with, and SWBF is turning into one of those games. I MIGHT even join the ICW as a YAK as my goodbye to SWBF.

But on the optimistic side I see many new people join the site still, so people are still becoming new to this game. I think the game will last a while, maybe 2-3 years before it totally dies. SWBFGamers will last waaay more, due to the new SWBF. If Led dedicates the site a lot to the new SWBF, or makes the arcade the new swbf site, then SWBFGamers will last a decade.

Maybe I am just stating the obvious...                     or way off.            Only time will tell.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

Quote from: Carbon27 on July 14, 2014, 05:30:07 PM
And out of that community one can only find a few people they like. When that person moves one, it is likely the other will soon leave.

I like most people here. Am I that unusual?

Quotemaybe 2-3 years before it totally dies.

People have said this for years; why is it true now but not then?

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Carbon27, and I agree PLA servers are getting way out of hand, like way out of hand, no-name, bad language, and other stuff. I agree pretty much with what you say there, and I hope the new game breathes "good" life into this site, and it remains a hub for the clans and players from the old game. I like lots of people too... ;)

I've said this many times before and I have no qualms about people's feelings being hurt over it:

You guys should move to better, less outdated games. I'm just sick of walls of text of people trying to justify playing SWBF1 in this day and age. The game will never die... it just exponentially decays in numbers.

If anyone here has CS:GO hit me up on steam. That's a much better game.

:3

#TYBG

Quote from: aeria. on July 14, 2014, 05:55:04 PM
I've said this many times before and I have no qualms about people's feelings being hurt over it:

You guys should move to better, less outdated games. I'm just sick of walls of text of people trying to justify playing SWBF1 in this day and age. The game will never die... it just exponentially decays in numbers.

If anyone here has CS:GO hit me up on steam. That's a much better game.

:3
aeria. if you don't care about battlefront why are you here? You are not helping the community you are not adding anything to the site. If you don't care about this game then go enjoy your other games!