Question about NFO hosting.

Started by Norwood, July 09, 2014, 08:02:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does anyone know how many servers can be run at the same time by the basic NFO package? The Linux only one, also can you run both SWBF1 and 2 servers at the same time? Not knowing how they work I really don't know, but if it is like a regular PC you could only run SWBF 1 or only SWBF 2 not both. Thanks in Advance!
Join the BOBclan Discord: click here | Proud member of the BOBclan since 2014

I wouldnt recommend u to get a linux vRoot, get a Windows one cause it's much easier to manage, and also to understand.

Im not sure but I think u can run up to 5 servers with the "Single Core" virtual machine, and with the dual core way more (im not sure on how many)
However i think that if u don't wanna host a lot of server, u better get the single core virtual machine.

Answering ur second question, yeah, I host 2 SWBF2 Server and 1 SWBF1 there (Basically bcuz i have another vRoot with 2 GB, blabla... where i host more servers)
Anyder | Talent, Ops & Culture | SWBF & Player Engagement
Email: communityambassador@swbfgamers.com
SWBFSpy Discord: http://discord.swbfspy.com
SWBFSpy Info: http://info.swbfspy.com

Quote from: PatriotNorwood on July 09, 2014, 08:02:09 AM
Does anyone know how many servers can be run at the same time by the basic NFO package? The Linux only one, also can you run both SWBF1 and 2 servers at the same time? Not knowing how they work I really don't know, but if it is like a regular PC you could only run SWBF 1 or only SWBF 2 not both. Thanks in Advance!

I don't know about SWBF2, but SWBF server is PC only software so the Linux option would not work.

I run as many as 5 game servers on a single core VDS.  Of course, these servers are not heavily loaded these days.
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Okay that answers several of my questions thanks guys!

You may want to get a virtual desktop if your running Linux, get something like VMWare Player, its free for non-commercial use
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."

Sandboxie might help you here if your computer can't handle the virtual machines.

#TYBG

Quote from: {TCE}Call-of-Duty on July 09, 2014, 04:14:56 PM
You may want to get a virtual desktop if your running Linux, get something like VMWare Player, its free for non-commercial use

The difference in cost between a linux rental and a windows rental is just a couple of dollars per month. 
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

Okay thanks for the info. ;)