SWBF Custom Map Review (W/links)

Started by Ryanoceros, January 25, 2009, 12:30:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 24, 2010, 05:14:27 PM #255 Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 05:36:05 PM by Ryanoceros
First, try re-downloading the file. It may have prematurely cutoff while downloading the first time around.
(Yes, if you are doing many operations at the same time as downloading it could get cutoff prematurely.)

If that doesn't work, check to make sure you have 24 or less maps in the addon folder.

If that's not the problem, try opening the map file and look to see if all the normal files are in there. (Compare it to a map that you know work). Sometimes when decompressing a file some things within the main file don't decompress. -- Try decompressing the downloaded file with an alternate program. I use Stuffit Expander. Works every time for me.)

If that doesn't help, I don't know what else it could be other than a system conflict of some kind. All I can say is I played both maps earlier and they do work on my computer... although the sjk1 map only works on the PC side of my computer (using Parallels, and Windows 7, and my BoPC version of SWBF).

Some maps just seem to be finicky. Not sure why that is.

PS.
... oh, and one other thing. You said you re-installed SWBF, so maybe you still need to re-install the game upgrade, to the latest version of SWBF. That may help. Some maps might not work on version 1.0.

I have noticed that several maps will only work if you are using the installed "sides". If any modded sides are installed it can cause a few maps to crash on loading. It was aiways maps that had modified "sides" included.

I used to have them written down somewhere, but if I remember correctly, one or both of these were on that list.
MAY THE FUNK BE WITH YOU!

Thank you for reminding me to take my disks to work and install swbf1 in the lobby pc. I plan to take the stock sides from there and rule out my problems.

Hello, I wanted to ask, map "Naboo: Parley" has no active reference to download, anybody know where I can find her? Thank you.

QuoteHello, I wanted to ask, map "Naboo: Parley" has no active reference to download, anybody know where I can find her? Thank you.

Unfortunately, no.
Naboo Parley is one of my favorite maps. Tragically, I lost it when my computer hard drive crashed.
And sadly, there are no active links anywhere for it.
I made a post at gametoast a couple months ago asking if anyone has it. I got no reply at all.

Anyway, sorry. I wish i could help.
... if you do find it, please upload it here at mpcgamers. I'll add the link to the list.

**Please Do Not Mass-Download Pictures. My Server can't handle it. Thanks!**
When I check out one of the mod maps I choose to see all the photos for that map. I open them all up with their own page then I check them out one by one. Is that ok?

Yes, that's fine.
I just don't want people trying to download every single picture for all the maps, all at one time.
They are stored on my personal server. I'm not sure what the limits are for bandwidth usage.
I just don't want to exceed those limits.
It's not a business account.
Anyway, go ahead and look at all the pictures for one map at a time. That's what I intended people to do. Just don't go through every picture for every map at one time. Spread it out. Eventually you'll see them all.

I do use that feature per mod map I look at. Cool. Side note. I found him. I will ask him for the surfing mod map and to some how get it added to the swbf1 mod map list here. It is that cool.

Just let me know the link, or upload it here at mpcgamers, and I'll add it to the list.

I made a server with Kamino - Serene, because the link we have here is not working. Could we lead people to that location?

All better. I got rid of the old link to http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/.
I fixed the link to direct it to the link here at mpgamers.
It works, I just checked it.
:)

Hi, anyway this map link could be fixed? Polis Massa: Dark Lord Rising (1.0).

Just use pol1 (2.0).
It's the same thing, but all in one map instead of a mission map.
Besides, I don't have an alternate link.

Hi, does anyone remember a Jedi Temple: KnightFall with fixed glitches?

I believe Napseeker made that as part of his mission maps. I don't believe it was ever released as a standalone map.

(•̪●)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿ ̿̿ ̿ ̿"" (-_-*)