EU to new Battlefront

Started by Ultimo, September 18, 2014, 07:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Well our friend from the youtube channel StarWarsCentral (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFnWFurX7LKRb1pArvnczqg) did a piece of news about the confirmation of the new game being canon.

Off topic: Man, it sucks that SWTOR isn't canon. It doesn't even make any sense. First off, unless if they want to COMPLETELY REWRITE the ancient history of the galaxy,  it's WAY too far in the past  to make a difference, and if it's over that stupid Korriban to "Moriband" thing I'd be even more ticked.

Secondly, and more importantly, it's still ongoing, with a new story expansion coming soon. That just contradicts their statement of "all new stories going forward will be canon". All that'll do is confuse people.   :rant:

In short: Disney, what are you doing?

Back on topic: If they felt the need to state that the new Battlefont's canon, I hope that means it'll have a story campaign and/or some new or reintroduced characters, units locations, vehicles, etc.  :)

October 13, 2014, 03:16:00 PM #17 Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 03:21:13 PM by Carbon27
Quote from: Commander Awesome on October 13, 2014, 02:22:40 PM
Off topic: Man, it sucks that SWTOR isn't canon. It doesn't even make any sense. First off, unless if they want to COMPLETELY REWRITE the ancient history of the galaxy,  it's WAY too far in the past  to make a difference, and if it's over that stupid Korriban to "Moriband" thing I'd be even more ticked.

Secondly, and more importantly, it's still ongoing, with a new story expansion coming soon. That just contradicts their statement of "all new stories going forward will be canon". All that'll do is confuse people.   :rant:

In short: Disney, what are you doing?

Back on topic: If they felt the need to state that the new Battlef(r)ont's canon, I hope that means it'll have a story campaign and/or some new or reintroduced characters, units locations, vehicles, etc.  :)

Hmmm...   I came across a very good article a while back showing how KotOR and all EU is still canon-ish, I would love to get it for you but I can't find it. If I find it again, and after I re-read it just to make sure it's what I think it is/was, I will link immediately. Ok, before I say anything else about what I thought the article read, I read it well past midnight. I'm not sure if I was in my right mind when I read it.

I thought it said that everything happened, but not exactly how the game (or book, show, etc) said it. For instance, The Exile could be a male like it should have been and Revan could have been a female.  I don't know that much about SWTOR, but the same could apply for that.

I actually like the fact that this happened, I don't know how much this effects the movies, but I don't really care for the movies. The only part of SW I fell in love with are the Old Republic games/times. And, unfortunately, in (Spoilers ahead!) SWTOR (Or the Revan novel), the Exile is a female, who dies way too early. The fact that that didn't happen makes me so glad.

Ok, so the Battlefront Canon...    I couldn't care less if it was Canon/non Canon. I mean, SWBF was never Canon, what's to canonize? And so much of it was...          off. Just look at CC, that map wasn't realistic at all. If it really matters to the new SWBF if it is canon or not, then there is probably going to be a story to it. Please, don't give it a story. I just want instant action offline and good online servers.

Guess it all depends on if your happy with old SW canon.

lr;dr

Disney did something right for once.

I will find that web site and post, and I will link it.

It also feels so much easier to accept whatever story in Star Wars you want, either way you look at this.

Ask your friendly WgT member about joining today!

At this point in time, which is still way too far from the game's release anyway, I wouldn't be too sure about it being 100% absolutely Canon. DICE and Disney, both companies have always been lenient about things, especially when they get feedback from the fans or they notice certain trends. DICE has shown this with their games, and Disney with the TV shows.

I can't honestly see it being 100% Canon, straight down to even the number of hairs Chewbacca has. (Which is actually noted somewhere, I think.)
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper