How get Serejas_LAAT_Gunship.rar working?

Started by SGHenry93, May 07, 2015, 08:26:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello everyone! A member at gametoast pointed me over here to download this for use on a map I am working on. Also for use on maps I will be editing.

http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=1164

But I can't get it to work nor do I understand how to. I am brand new (shiny) to modding SWBF2. I have created a simple map, edited it, played it, and even successfully spawned default vehicles (gunships of course) for use. But I have almost no idea how to make this work. Any help is appreciated.

Sereja said it was specially edited for Battlefront 1.

So then it won't work in SWBF2 at all?  :slap:

If Sereja Gunship have and odf files and you use them for Battlefront 2 then it won't work.Use the stock Battlefront 2 gunship.Whats the problem?

I don't like it. Looks terrible. But I have SWBF1 also. Gonna just stick with that for now. I'll maybe look into converting Serejas gunship for SWBF2.  8)

I do not know, how to add custom vehicles for SWBF2, just like many other things for that that game, so there no chance to convert it for me.  :P
Actually, I guess, it should work for SWBF2, since it uses stock SWBF2 animation.
Beauty is, the way to perfection.

Glory to Ukraine!  :mf:

Ye he only need to use the BF2 odf files and i think there is a great chance this to work.I remember once i used BF2 gunship model with BF1 odf and it worked.

I'll give it a try a let you all know how it goes then! Thanks for the help!  :tu:

May 08, 2015, 10:52:30 AM #8 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 10:54:08 AM by SGHenry93
Quote from: Ginev on May 08, 2015, 12:39:14 AM
Ye he only need to use the BF2 odf files and i think there is a great chance this to work.I remember once i used BF2 gunship model with BF1 odf and it worked.

Ok, just to be clear what exactly do I need to do when you say this. Replace only the msh and TGA files? But do I need to  change any scripts or files with text editor? I have noticed that the files names such as the mesh and TGA's are not named after the default. I know this because when I put everything where it was to go and loaded up my map it was still the default gunships. Then if I renamed the file name it crashed upon loading my map. I am sure with some digging and research I could figure this out eventually, but I simply don't have the time. Thats why I ask if you could just give me step by step how you would do it to make it (have a good chance of working). Thanks for the help friends!   :cheers: