Skirmish Mode Released!

Started by TheGangstarTY, July 09, 2016, 04:35:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been playing Skirmish all day and I love it! My preferred difficulty is Hard. Not to easy and not too challenging. But challenging enough for me to have fun.

Currently there are a lot of bugs. The melee is pretty broken. Not to mention that the pickups don't always work.

Despite these minor issues I much prefer it over multiplayer. The BOTs don't really run around with pay to win weapons which is good. I especially like the whole coop idea. I love how you can both be playing as heroes at the same time on the same team. It'd be cool if you could play private matches with BOTs now so you can play with more than one friend! However I'm happy with Skirmish, DICE have already let it live up to my expectations. Custom settings should also be an option, no reason why there shouldn't be since there's no score system and it doesn't go towards your actual Multiplayer Progress.

All in all this is a great mode that should've been here from the beginning. I feel like this would be almost as good as Pandemic's Battlefront games if it had all the season pass content in the base game. But I guess that's the old way, the new way for EA is all about money.
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 21, 2016, 10:02:17 AM
I've been playing Skirmish all day and I love it! My preferred difficulty is Hard. Not to easy and not too challenging. But challenging enough for me to have fun.

Currently there are a lot of bugs. The melee is pretty broken. Not to mention that the pickups don't always work.

Despite these minor issues I much prefer it over multiplayer. The BOTs don't really run around with pay to win weapons which is good. I especially like the whole coop idea. I love how you can both be playing as heroes at the same time on the same team. It'd be cool if you could play private matches with BOTs now so you can play with more than one friend! However I'm happy with Skirmish, DICE have already let it live up to my expectations. Custom settings should also be an option, no reason why there shouldn't be since there's no score system and it doesn't go towards your actual Multiplayer Progress.

All in all this is a great mode that should've been here from the beginning. I feel like this would be almost as good as Pandemic's Battlefront games if it had all the season pass content in the base game. But I guess that's the old way, the new way for EA is all about money.
Agree 100%. I will most likely be playing this now more than multiplayer. (Except maybe for Hutt contracts and DLC content. (Until (if) they add that content to skirmish as well. (Parethe-ception!)))

I'll definitely be playing Battlefront a lot more with this mode. The mode isn't without its issues (mainly in the bugs and glitches department such as not being able to use your MP hand like you're supposed to and Fighter Squadron hits not registering).
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

The fact that Hero icons are way more available on Skirmish is great.
Now I can play Luke Skywalker: The Video Game!

I am very happy with this update, and the positive response from fans will only encourage them to keep adding to it.

Quote from: Unit 33 on July 21, 2016, 02:58:40 PM
The fact that Hero icons are way more available on Skirmish is great.
Now I can play Luke Skywalker: The Video Game!

I am very happy with this update, and the positive response from fans will only encourage them to keep adding to it.

I agree and I hope that's true. The replayability just went from 1 to 10 in 1.5GB!
Feel free to contact me on Steam, I answer instantly (Unless I'm offline):<br /><br />YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/roblox751123

Playing with the update on my brother's PS4. Im very pleased with this update, now I can play some of those mutliplayer only maps offline now. They just need to add those other modes that take place on other varients of those maps. This is a welcome addition to this game that really should have been included at launch, but im grateful that its now a thing. Also offline custimization needs to be a thing as well, hopefully when they see the positive reactions from people they will do this.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

(We should probably rename this thread now.)

It appears different bot skins have different specializations. At least for the Empire. For instance, all stormtroopers use Blaster Rifles and grenades,  Scout Troopers use targeting rifles, DH-17s and pulse cannons, Shock Troopers use heavy blasters. There are no Shadow Troopers.

Quote from: Commander Awesome on July 21, 2016, 06:40:13 PM
(We should probably rename this thread now.)

It appears different bot skins have different specializations. At least for the Empire. For instance, all stormtroopers use Blaster Rifles and grenades,  Scout Troopers use targeting rifles, DH-17s and pulse cannons, Shock Troopers use heavy blasters. There are no Shadow Troopers.

I didn't notice that. That's pretty cool. They should put Shadow Troopers in, or at least make them rare?

One thing that bugs me is the fact that you can only pick between two different star card sets. It's so irritating, I'm sick of having the Jetpack 24/7. There are only a couple of maps where the Rebels don't have a Jetpack option.

Also, thanks Unit 33 for renaming the topic ;)

Well, I do indeed like running around as vader and crushing the rebellion underneath my boot.

But, what I think they should do is unlock all the DLC content by default in Skirmish, even if the people don't have it. What harm will it do by having it unlocked in Skirmish only for those who don't have it?
The years just fly past, don't they?

Quote from: Darth Nyx on July 22, 2016, 05:31:20 AMWhat harm will it do by having it unlocked in Skirmish only for those who don't have it?

I highly doubt they'll do that. A lot of people have been saying they'll abandon multiplayer for skirmish. Having DLC maps unlocked for Skirmish without buying the DLC means skirmish players won't buy the DLC since they'll only be playing offline.

July 22, 2016, 07:20:42 AM #55 Last Edit: July 22, 2016, 07:34:19 AM by TheGangstarTY
Quote from: DylanRocket on July 22, 2016, 07:19:14 AM
I highly doubt they'll do that. A lot of people have been saying they'll abandon multiplayer for skirmish. Having DLC maps unlocked for Skirmish without buying the DLC means skirmish players won't buy the DLC since they'll only be playing offline.

I agree with this. However they should still make DLC maps available to those that have the DLC. No doubt I'll be buying the Season Pass if this is implemented.

Also, any idea if they will add more mode to Skirmish?

My best score so far: http://www.swbfgamers.com/gallery/7067_22_07_16_8_33_02.png

Adding more to Skirmish depends on how popular the mode is. The devs are definitely not against the idea.

My personal thought is that they would do extra modes two at a time. The next ones should be smaller modes so we have all the stock maps in Skirmish. Then go from there.

I'm loving Skirmish, BTW. It has a few bugs that I believe they will be patching but otherwise it's a much better Battlefront experience for me than online. On Hard, you'll die pretty much as much as you do online, just without the token hogs and spawn campers.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)
--Endor: Imperial Base

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1

July 23, 2016, 05:22:29 AM #57 Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 07:10:50 AM by Darth Nyx
Quote from: TheGangstarTY on July 22, 2016, 07:20:42 AM
I agree with this. However they should still make DLC maps available to those that have the DLC. No doubt I'll be buying the Season Pass if this is implemented.

Also, any idea if they will add more mode to Skirmish?

My best score so far: http://www.swbfgamers.com/gallery/7067_22_07_16_8_33_02.png

Yeah, and this was fun! That is my highest score as well, 15,650.

Quote from: Gistech on July 22, 2016, 11:10:43 AM
Adding more to Skirmish depends on how popular the mode is. The devs are definitely not against the idea.

My personal thought is that they would do extra modes two at a time. The next ones should be smaller modes so we have all the stock maps in Skirmish. Then go from there.

I'm loving Skirmish, BTW. It has a few bugs that I believe they will be patching but otherwise it's a much better Battlefront experience for me than online. On Hard, you'll die pretty much as much as you do online, just without the token hogs and spawn campers.

Oh and lets not forget the appearance of hackers in the multiplayer sometimes, I've seen a few of them actually get away with it in multiplayer which shocks me.

Quote from: Gistech on July 22, 2016, 11:10:43 AM

Oh and lets not forget the appearance of hackers in the multiplayer sometimes, I've seen a few of them actually get away with it in multiplayer which shocks me.

The Skirmish mode is definitely a welcome addition, and my loathing for DICE/EA went down just a tiny bit.

I have to say though, my favorite part was the naming used for the AI. I'm really glad they paid homage to the original games by including the classic bot names like Nom Carver, Tighe Bodalla, Ulen Orsalan, etc. ...Though, I wish the Stormtroopers had their classic names :\
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.