[ICW] Week 6

Started by Oven, August 20, 2012, 06:19:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 20, 2012, 06:19:48 PM Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:31:49 PM by Oven
ICW calendar (updated Wednesday night and as information comes in)

ICW Mod Map Pack (7z)

ICW Mod Map Pack (rar)

Tournament Rules

Tournament admins:
Oven (xfire: ovenlovesyou)
Black&Orange Scorpion (5hadowclaw)
Epifire (epifire)
Jamman (jammy19)
Wild (wildisbeast)

Server host:
Led / Buckler (rtlbuckler)

Results from Week 4

• 212 defeats YAK to defend Ord Mantell
    212 defeats FC to defend Bespin
    212 defeats FC to defend Coruscant
  • FC defeats 212 to defend Tranquan
  • An alliance is formed between 212 and YAK
Two amendments were made to the official rules:
Amendment 1 (proposal): The number of players on each side at the countdown cannot be exceeded during the game. Players may leave, or switch out as long as this condition is upheld. Amendment 1 only applies to large planet battles.

Amendment 2 (proposal): In a given week, each clan has the right to an "upper hand" in scheduling for 50% of matches, as outlined by Phobos here.

Clans have until midnight CST on Wednesday to make battle announcements for next weekend.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

I think that now is an appropriate time to raise the question of the ending of the ICW. Let me quote from the topic that began this thing:

QuoteA clan will be declared winner of the tournament when it has eradicated all other clans. However, the admins reserve the right to terminate the war if it appears to have no end in sight after many weeks. In this event, 2 weeks' notice would be given and the winner would be declared based on number of planets held.

With school starting for many participants and admins, including myself, scheduling will become increasingly difficult. However, this doesn't mean that continuing into the school year is impossible; but I do think that the war should not drag on indefinitely.

What are your thoughts? Should Week 7 be the last week of this tournament? Or do we want to wait until one of the remaining clans has captured all of the planets?

August 20, 2012, 06:34:22 PM #1 Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 08:16:16 PM by [YAK]ComFrost
Attacking clan: YAK
Defending clan: FC
Planet: Mustafar
Proposed date and time of battle: Saturday, August 25, 2PM EST
Era/Side: YAK chooses CW/Republic

Planet: Dantooine
Proposed date and time of battle: Saturday, August 25, 4PM EST
Era/Side: YAK chooses GCW/Empire
I just can't seem to stay away...

August 20, 2012, 06:48:50 PM #2 Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 06:53:48 PM by Phobos
Quote from: [YAK]ComFrost on August 20, 2012, 06:34:22 PM
Planet: Mustafar
Proposed date and time of battle: Saturday, August 25, 2PM EST
Era/Side: YAK chooses CW/Republic

Planet: Dantooine
Proposed date and time of battle: Saturday, August 25, 3PM EST
Era/Side: YAK chooses GCW/Empire

The second battle cannot be scheduled at this time because 212 is attacking us at 3PM on August 25th on Tech Center. I suggest changing it to 4PM or 6PM since we also have wars at 5PM and 7PM on saturday.

Reposting this from week 5 thread:
Attacking clan: FC
Defending clan: 212
Planet: Bespin
Proposed date and time of battle: Saturday August 25th 5PM E.S.T.
Attacker Map Order: 1)Cloud City, 2)Platforms
212 chooses teams/eras
---------------------------------------------
Defending clan: YAK
Planet: Tatooine
Proposed date and time of battle: Saturday August 25th 7PM E.S.T.
Attacker Map Order: 1)Mos Eisley, 2)Jabba
YAK chooses teams/eras

Quote from: Oven on August 20, 2012, 06:19:48 PM
What are your thoughts? Should Week 7 be the last week of this tournament? Or do we want to wait until one of the remaining clans has captured all of the planets?
I would say let it run at least 8 weeks but no more than 12.

I think i agree with Phobos on this one :shrug: , but we'll see what other 212 think.

Eh... Personally I would like to see this come to an end, but a winner could be determined by the number of planets they posess. As this goes on, YAK loses more members.

Yeah me too I think tourament should end in about 1 week or 2 :/
>>>----Arrow------>
Say little when you lose, less when you win. :)

I think 9 or 10 weeks will be enough time to show which clan will have the upper hand. If the planets are evenly held (or close to it) Then perhaps take it up to 12 weeks Etc.   :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Quote from: Phobos on August 20, 2012, 06:48:50 PM

The second battle cannot be scheduled at this time because 212 is attacking us at 3PM on August 25th on Tech Center. I suggest changing it to 4PM or 6PM since we also have wars at 5PM and 7PM on saturday.

Ok, changed. Thanks for pointing that out.

I would like to see where we are at in a couple of weeks and then, if there is no end in sight we should put a time limit on it.

August 21, 2012, 05:34:38 AM #8 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 05:42:27 AM by {212} Nixo
10-12 sounds good to me:
Attacking clan:212
Defending clan:FC
Planet:Hoth
Map order:echo base then ice caves
Proposed time of battle:2pm est Sunday
FC choose sides/eras

Do we need to put our other attack here too from the week 5 thread?

I think it should go for two more weeks and any remaining clan wins and it shows that the remaining clan are equal in battle.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

Quote from: Phobos on August 20, 2012, 06:48:50 PM
Defending clan: YAK
Planet: Tatooine
Proposed date and time of battle: Saturday August 25th 7PM E.S.T.
Attacker Map Order: 1)Mos Eisley, 2)Jabba
YAK chooses teams/eras
YAK chooses GCW/Empire

Quote from: JohnisofLU on August 21, 2012, 06:48:34 AM
I think it should go for two more weeks and any remaining clan wins and it shows that the remaining clan are equal in battle.

If more than one clan remains at the end, the winner is determined by the number of planets held.

August 21, 2012, 01:21:23 PM #12 Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:23:04 PM by Phobos
Quote from: {212} Nixo on August 21, 2012, 05:34:38 AM
10-12 sounds good to me:
Attacking clan:212
Defending clan:FC
Planet:Hoth
Map order:echo base then ice caves
Proposed time of battle:2pm est Sunday
FC choose sides/eras

Do we need to put our other attack here too from the week 5 thread?
FC chooses CW for Hoth (lol jk)

FC will be rebels.

Has 212 chosen sides for bespin battle?

August 21, 2012, 01:37:15 PM #13 Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 07:24:01 AM by JohnisofLU
so are there awards for first second and third and all the clans members for the top three get one because that would be awsome.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.