Started by Oven, August 12, 2012, 09:36:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey Led,

DC Coruscant for GCW Era

City then streets

Quote from: Buckler on August 19, 2012, 11:12:16 AM
CW bespin server was up at 2:05 , DC coruscant is up, same IP

Please include eras  ;)
I posted comprehensive server information on page 3. It's also on the calendar.

Quote from: Oven on August 19, 2012, 11:59:00 AM
I posted comprehensive server information on page 3. It's also on the calendar.

eras not on the calendar:

2:00p -3:00p Attacking clan: FC
Defending clan: 212
Planet: Bespin
Proposed date and time of battle: Sunday August 19th 2PM E.S.T.
Attacker Map Order: Cloud City then Platforms
212 chooses teams/eras

ADMIN(S) ANTICIPATED: Oven
3:00p -4:00p Attacking clan: FC
Defending clan: 212
Planet: Coruscant
Proposed date and time of battle: Sunday August 19th 3PM E.S.T.
Attacker Map Order: City then Streets
212 chooses teams/eras

ADMIN(S) ANTICIPATED: Oven
Quote from: Abraham Lincoln. on November 04, 1971, 12:34:40 PM
Don't believe everything you read on the internet

212 defended Bespin from FC.
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/125054916-4.jpg CC
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/125054920-4.jpg Platform

212 defended Coruscant from FC.
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/125056393-4.jpg
http://screenshot.xfire.com/s/125056395-4.jpg

Note to Oven: FC Kishan cursed twice on CC and received a warning after the first time.
                      212 member cursed once on CC, received a warning, and cursed on Platforms once.
                      A 212 member cursed on City, received a warning.

I have two serious concerns I feel the admins need to take into consideration regarding today's wars and future wars:

Several 212 members who cannot even be verified as legitimate members joined the server near the end of Streets battle when FC was winning, and made the team count unbalanced.

(according to their webpage here
http://212th.de/index.php?option=com_cbe&view=userslist&Itemid=73
antares, somers, and slayer are not real 212 members. some concerns have been raised about name faking in the past and this is still an ongoing issue.)

I am proposing that a rule be made (and enforced by the ingame admin) that once an even number is decided for both teams, it should stay that way, both for large planets and small planets. Players should not be allowed to join mid-battle, if the battle starts as a 5v5, it should stay that way for the remainder of that round.

Additionally the server host should be willing to verify the members identities by checking IP address if asked to. This would prevent either team from having name-fakers join without being able to verify their identity in time.

My second proposal is that the past couple weeks have been very inconvenient battle times for FC. Most of us cannot play at 12-3PM because we have other things to be doing. We have tried to accommodate for 212 but it seems unfair that they should always be given the best times for battle.

FC should be allowed to schedule at least 1 of the 2 battles (50%) at a time that is more convenient for FC, such as 5-6PM. It would be unfair to always give 212 a scheduling advantage where they get to always have the most convenient time for wars. This rule should apply for 212 attacking us also, say if they want a battle at 2PM and 3PM we should be allowed to change one of the battles to 5 or 6PM. This would even the odds so that every other battle would give one team the chance to have most of their members show up at the best time suited for them.

Antraes somers and slayer are real memebers and i don't think they remebered to register on the site or Arrow forgot to accept them.   

August 19, 2012, 02:14:58 PM #66 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:36:29 PM by {212} Nixo
Somers is a real member for sure I personally recruited him last month and is on the team as for the other two I did not recruit them personal but have played many times with both they are all 212 members. Most 212 are German and Europeans American times don't work at all so we might get 3 to a battle at most it does not
Matter so much as of so far you have had at least 6 to every battle we can take into account earlier like 12 and 1 are not suitable for you so will not attack at those times. I look at xfire during the day and see fc members online most times and haven't notice this problem personally. We can also Respect the fact that Friday Americans are at school and work and even Europeans too. Te link only shows members that have created an account On the website we have other members than just the ones you mentioned that haven't
Created an account because of there own personal problems and if you really want to stand up for what you said we could also say the same about you your members list hasn't showed many of the members playing in the battles but I do not think it can be critisized. It's just a little fun so plz let's not make it into a war outside of swbf.

I think FC's just mad because they lost both maps.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

August 19, 2012, 02:34:52 PM #68 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 02:36:28 PM by Jamman
It sounds like a lot more work and time for the admins and especially the server host.  Having to check IP's when people feel uncomfortable with names they haven't seen before. Lately, most battles as well have been starting 20 minutes past the official start time. I personally don't want to ask another admin to take his time to look through IP's and try to match them with the IP's of clan members.

About players joining mid-battle, in the past for many matches, when we are reaching that force-start time, I tell players that we need to start, and they may join mid-battle. This goes especially for the DC servers. A lot of people take a longer time to join those delaying the battle.

212 did say they felt cheated in today's matches mid-way though concerning the use of minimap of certain players. I did not want to do anything concerning that because there is almost no way to show it other than having everyone take screenshots and admins verifying them, and I had been sitting here for about 2 hours and didn't want to keep myself here to make others feel more comfortable.

Maybe clans having a match against a European clan compromise to say 3 EST? it is morning for us, and night for them. I agree Americans shouldn't have to wake up early as crap to swbf, but I also think making Europeans play during the middle of the night is crazy too.

Quote from: JohnisofLU on August 19, 2012, 02:27:49 PM
I think FC's just mad because they lost both maps.
FC is not mad for losing 3 of 4 battles today, we do enjoy a challenge, but we feel the rules need to be updated to make the battles EVEN so that 212 does not always get to have the scheduling advantage.

If a battle starts as 4v4, or 4v6, it should stay that way to the end of round IMO.

Also out of the 8 battles so far between FC and 212, FC has won 5 of them. So I hope to see more wins and losses for both teams because it makes the tournament more fun, as long as people can be mature about it.

Playing as elk and now yak I have fought battles against FC from the begining and in every one FC has had an unfair advantage of troops.In every map they had two or three more guys then yak and elk.The battle between 212 and FC yesterday FC and more guys the 212 and 212 even had yak's help.
I'm not multi-clanning I just have lots of affiliates.

August 19, 2012, 03:07:13 PM #71 Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 03:09:46 PM by Phobos
Quote from: JohnisofLU on August 19, 2012, 02:56:04 PM
Playing as elk and now yak I have fought battles against FC from the begining and in every one FC has had an unfair advantage of troops.In every map they had two or three more guys then yak and elk.The battle between 212 and FC yesterday FC and more guys the 212 and 212 even had yak's help.
This is not true for all battles simply look at all the screenshots in the previous threads. If we did have more for some battles it was not in violation of any rules and most were there when the round started, not joining near the end. Anyway, this won't be an issue anymore if my proposal is accepted by the admins.

@Rage: I think we can push the time for battles a little later but school is starting soon so i suggest having the late battles for europeans on friday night and saturday. But also Since school starts soon fridays will become a problem for some Americans. The timezones :(  Please no later than 6pm Est thats Midnight in Germany xD And later for some players in Russia... :ohmy:
>>>----Arrow------>
Say little when you lose, less when you win. :)

Quote from: {212}Leader.Arrow on August 19, 2012, 03:22:07 PM
@Rage: I think we can push the time for battles a little later but school is starting soon so i suggest having the late battles for europeans on friday night and saturday. But also Since school starts soon fridays will become a problem for some Americans. The timezones :(  Please no later than 6pm Est thats Midnight in Germany xD And later for some players in Russia... :ohmy:
Currently our best time is on saturday around 5PM EST so we will try not to schedule late battles on sunday nights against 212. Anyway its past 6pm already but I see a lot of 212 on the forum right now.

Nah, i have the slowest computer in swbf ( 2nd to Josh02) and it takes me minutes to finally get connection and then 3 minutes to get to the server. What can i do about it? That is why i woĆ¼ldn't like that rule. :cheers: