Custom Mod Game Covers

Started by 411Remnant, May 21, 2013, 01:28:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Something Ive been known to do is make random game covers for mods. Here is my latest one

You can see more of my work here :

http://411remnant.deviantart.com/

I usually dont take requests, its just something I do for free no strings attached for any mod that tickles my fancy. :p

Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Those are really nice. Your quite talented! :tu:

Aye, looks epic for a game cover! I actually made a title cover for the Mass Effect: Unification mod, though I think I made a few minor flaws when I did it. Took me a while to match the gradient though for the "Unification" part.

That looks awesome, say GM would it be cool if I combined your logo with a newer mass effect unification cover? both of us will  be credited.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

June 03, 2013, 02:05:58 PM #5 Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 06:22:04 PM by {Alpha}Gold Man
Quote from: 411Remnant on June 03, 2013, 02:00:56 PM
That looks awesome, say GM would it be cool if I combined your logo with a newer mass effect unification cover? both of us will  be credited.

Totally cool with it, Remnant! :D

Say, you wouldn't mind uploading the new cover on this thread or the Art Gallery thread when it's done, would ya?

June 08, 2013, 01:14:10 PM #6 Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:20:39 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Something I've wanted to do for a while now.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I think the planetoid saturation does it well

What is the Dark Phase mod? I haven't heard of that before.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on June 08, 2013, 06:09:33 PM
What is the Dark Phase mod? I haven't heard of that before.
It's a mod I started working on a while ago, I still haven't finished it.
It's what I was usually doing when I disappeared for weeks at a time. (:gasp: secret revealed!)

Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on June 08, 2013, 01:14:10 PM
Something I've wanted to do for a while now.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I think the planetoid saturation does it well

Looks cool, RC. Not to critque, but some points I noticed about your image:

-You have parts of your X-Wing masked out of the image. Try and toy around with the masking options and colour settings. If it's a flop try and manually draw the outline of what you want masked.

-There's a rectangle outline on your image. I'd advise masking it out before adding on the glow effect. (Unless that's intentional, that's cool too.)

-The one blaster shot on your lower right corner (I can tell they're all lightsabers), it's misaligned with the blaster on the lower right wing. I'd also advise trying to find actual blaster shots from an X-Wing (take your own photos if you can't find any good shots of an X-Wing firing), or try and make your own and draw from the images as reference.

That's about as much as I can pick from it. I'l take my bet and say the planet is made from Sketchup, but that's the one part of the image that I find is actually well done. Don't take my remarks the wrong way though, we all learn through mistakes and trial and error. Heck, half the stuff I make nowadays is 100x better compared to what I made when I first started with PhotoWizard HD.

And I'm done. :P

June 10, 2013, 12:31:26 PM #10 Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 08:51:43 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Nice compliment sandwich GM :P

THIS one looks much better than the first. Thanks for the feedback, btw! It helped alot.

Just a little tweaking left.