Custom Map

Started by Kade, April 29, 2017, 03:01:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
i made a custom map that works and now i added more odf and msh the the files and now my maps blank when i spawn ingame. no cp's or anything? what can i do??? ;(
KadeEclipse

Well, first of all, do you have everything set up in the LUA file correct? If not, get cracking by reading the instructions in the file. 2, did you set up paths and capture zones for your CPs? If not, again, you need to set those up as well. My best advice is to go here http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=3039.0 and read the linked tutorial. However, if you have set up everything like I have stated, then may you describe the situation in detail (error logs, and anything odd going on, etc)?  :cheers:
100...200...300...you guys are gonna make me rich ~ Boba Fett

April 29, 2017, 07:09:24 AM #2 Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:46:14 AM by Cpt Rex
if i send my map can you check the errors?
KadeEclipse

Sure

Well, what you sent me was the map, which itself just crashed on loading for me, that already sounds like something intensive is on the map. Now, regarding whats going on I would need to see your LUA (bfmodtools/date_modnam/common/scripts) to know whats really going on.

April 29, 2017, 03:53:45 PM #6 Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 05:19:29 AM by Cpt Rex
Well I've only been working on cusc_con or what ever it is so I'll send it in the morning
EDIT: Here you go :)
KadeEclipse

Ok, sorry I just had the chance to look at it, first off, you only have 4 CPs listed in the LUA, change that to however many cps are actually in your game. Second, I think you said you could not spawn in the map correct? That sounds like you did not set up cps correctly in zeroeditor, go back, and double check everything. If all else fails, go back, and reset your lua to its original state (see those .bak files? rename the correct one to yourlua'sname.lua). 2nd second best recommendation, is to watch a JediMoose tutorial.

April 30, 2017, 11:09:10 AM #8 Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 12:34:17 PM by Cpt Rex
i do only have 4 cps right now. ill doublecheck my CP's. it better be that and not my LUA's xD thanks for the help

EDIT: i have tried everything. i have no clue what else to do.. if i sent you the data_abc would you take a look, and completely look it over?
KadeEclipse

Sure

Quote from: KingCurry1717 on April 30, 2017, 06:15:08 PM
Sure

im uploading it now to mediafire. here is the folder link.
file name: data_cus

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/am9mdo34n678a/My_Addons
KadeEclipse

May 01, 2017, 05:47:38 AM #11 Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 06:11:37 AM by Cpt Rex
would it be because i added ships? the laat gunship and the droidgunship? i get to spawn in as the republic but after walking two steps it crashes. i noticed no laat was there?

EDIT: Ignore this^

i used odf and msh's from nabproto. could this be why?
KadeEclipse

Well, i've tried every trick ik and i've got nothing  :rant:, (side note, you may have a high poly count or something, it kept crashing to desktop without error messages for me) there is nothing wrong with lua/zeroeditor and there is nothing wrong with the map itself from what I can tell, try asking on gametoast maybe, they may be able to better help you!

-Best of Luck, Curry  :cheers:

thank you for you help. just one question, whats a poly count ;D
KadeEclipse

Every model is made from polygons.Check this picture.

https://www.google.bg/search?q=3d+model+polygons&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiI8JGF-dPTAhXsB5oKHYmeBfcQ_AUIBigB&biw=1024&bih=715#imgrc=Ef6XjXXOrmpc1M:

As you can see the right ball is with the most polygons.However have in mind that the more the poloygons the more time your computer need to read/render them for example in game.Battlefront 1 and 2 are fairly low poly for this days.