Gun Sounds

Started by Kade, April 25, 2017, 08:47:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
how can i make it so if i have clones against imperial i can hear both era's weapons as so far it only reads one era or the other depending if i pick gcw or cw. i want to put them all in one era so i can hear all the gun noises
KadeEclipse

This topic over at Gametoast should help you out:
http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=4750

Good thing this is for swbf2 and not one, as there are not a whole ton of resources on sound modding for swbf1  :confused:
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

thanks for this. i dont have time to do all this right now but ill get round to it. also how do you rename a unit and can you rename a side name where you pick what team you want to be
KadeEclipse

Definitely. To rename a unit, go into your Data_ABC, then scroll down until you see editlocalize.bat. (If you want to rename a stock unit that's an entirely separate issue, but this will work for custom units.)

There's a list on the left. Let's say your unit name is ABC_inf_infantry. You're going to right click on entity on that list on the left, and hit Add Scope. Then, rename the new box to ABC. Then right click on ABC and hit Add Key. You will then rename this box to inf_infantry. Left click on inf_infantry, and on the box on the right, type the name of the you want the unit to be called. Remember, a lot of people play in different languages, so make sure to set the name in each language using the dropdown menu below the big box (unless you're like me where your localize tool doesn't work  :rant: )

I'm not sure how to rename a faction though, as I have never done it in bf2, only bf1.
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

April 26, 2017, 06:15:07 AM #4 Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 09:58:58 AM by Cpt Rex
i cant get it to work on the weapons. i see the atst stomp thing but i can get guns to work, also how can i make it possible to use the atte for alliance. ive watched to video on it and it makes my map crash.
KadeEclipse