AI not spawning

Started by KingCurry1717, April 24, 2017, 09:23:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok, this is weird,
I have my map right, and was testing it, I noticed that I forgot to put 2 command posts in the LUA. I closed out, went back to my LUA, edited it with the CPs, munged and then BOOM, now AI won't spawn. I have not touched anything in my LUA differently (or anywhere for that matter), all I can say is, I munged, and it they didn't spawn. I got no error messages from the munge log, and like stated before, nothing was different from before, it was literally the exact same map with 2 new CPs in the LUA. Does anyone have a clue what could cause this  :(? Thanks!

NOTE: I did turn AI spawning off to take some pictures of the map earlier (before the LUA change), however I turned them back on, and it worked just all the way until the match end. I rechecked the fake console to make sure It wasn't on, and surprise surprise, it wasn't.
100...200...300...you guys are gonna make me rich ~ Boba Fett

Hum, you should add this code:

SetUberMode(1);

Just after

conquest:Start()

In the ScriptPostLoad() part of the script, of course.

Hope this help  :cheers:
"When will you fools learn? No one escapes Commander Fox"
—Fox, after apprehending another criminal

https://media.giphy.com/media/2GjgvS5vA6y08/giphy.gif

April 25, 2017, 01:36:15 PM #2 Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:06:49 PM by KingCurry1717
This is my code as of right now with the addition suggested

function ScriptPostLoad()    

--This defines the CPs.  These need to happen first
    cp1 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp1"}
    cp2 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp2"}
    cp3 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp3"}
    cp4 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp4"}
    cp5 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp5"}
cp6 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp6"}
cp6 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp7"}
cp7 = CommandPost:New{name = "cp8"}

--This sets up the actual objective.  This needs to happen after cp's are defined
    conquest = ObjectiveConquest:New{teamATT = ATT, teamDEF = DEF,
                                     textATT = "game.modes.con",
                                     textDEF = "game.modes.con2",
                                     multiplayerRules = true}

--This adds the CPs to the objective.  This needs to happen after the objective is set up
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp1)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp2)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp3)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp4)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp5)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp6)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp7)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp8)

conquest:Start()
    SetUberMode(1);

EnableSPHeroRules()

end

But AI still does not spawn?

You messed up something in the LUA.Everytime when i mess up something in the LUA AI dont spawn.Copy your original LUA every time before making changes.You said you have added new CPs to the map and in the LUA.Check thouse lines carefully and everything else that you have edited in the LUA.Sometimes even if you misspell a name in the CP in ZEROEDITOR AIs wont spawn again.

April 25, 2017, 04:47:19 PM #4 Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 09:06:58 PM by KingCurry1717
I've doubled checked everything, and i've even changed out the LUA with another backup LUA I had which ik for a fact worked, and that still didn't solve the issue. Could this be one of the notorious issues that requires the complete setback of the map to a previous state?

EDIT: It appears it was one of those glitches where a map reset to a previous state was the only option (thankfully I backup my map after every major change (lessons learned from the many previous failings of mines) :D), but I was able to get the issue semi-resolved.