3d movie discussion

Started by tirpider, January 03, 2013, 11:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I can't wait for the 3d thing to go away.
I can go out to watch a movie without getting a headache again.

Quote from: tirpider on January 03, 2013, 11:08:27 AM
I can't wait for the 3d thing to go away.
I can go out to watch a movie without getting a headache again.
YES thank you! My friends laugh at me when i tell them that.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

I agree, from what little I've seen of it 3D is a stupid gimmick. Don't know about recent marvels such as Prometheus etc, though. To be fair, a lot of people thought the same of color too.

I like 3D. I think it's pretty cool if done RIGHT. Key word is RIGHT.
Perfect example: Avatar ( blue people one ). I saw it in IMAX 3D and it was AMAZING.

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 03, 2013, 06:15:14 PM
Perfect example: Avatar ( blue people one ). I saw it in IMAX 3D and it was AMAZING.
I 100% adhere to this, The newer movies should be in 3-D

Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 03, 2013, 06:15:14 PM
Monsters, Inc. FTW!  :nod:

But seriously, I am very picky about my 3D movies. I hate it when they make a movie in 3D just because the original movie was a hit. I think it's lame when the 3D is used for characters talking or a dude walking down the street... They need to use 3D for those in-your-face movies, in my opinion.

(Oh, by the way, has anyone else noticed how off-topic this has gotten? We're all pros at that.) :panic:

Quote from: Agent Z on January 03, 2013, 06:36:43 PM
(Oh, by the way, has anyone else noticed how off-topic this has gotten? We're all pros at that.) :panic:

Only rarely do I have real-life conversations that don't wander from topic to topic, so I try not to worry about it too much online, despite what some people say! That's just how natural discussions develop

Whered you get that CRAZY smiley?

Quote from: [FC]Helios on January 03, 2013, 06:53:13 PM
Whered you get that CRAZY smiley?
Click where it says "[more]" under the emoticons.  :major:

:rock1: :worship: thank you

I hate it when 3D movies don't have a lot of 3D scenes, like Jackass for example. I mean seriously, what was the point?

It literaly hurts my eyes.
I can't watch the 3d stuff without getting a splitting headache.

I see no need to pay for a headache.
I'll wait for the dvd.

January 03, 2013, 08:21:49 PM #12 Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 08:23:30 PM by Nobility
> Maybe it's common that nerds get headaches...  :shrug: i get em too, and even after looking at anything with the same neon red tint that was used in the old red-blue 3D glasses. :(
Formerly:
{Alpha}Gen.Ultimo
[212]Cpl.Ultimo
WUSi.Whisper

What they don't do 2D screenings as well in the US? I guess us Kiwi's are just a bit more onto it :P

I find the glasses really anoying :argh: I dont have glasses so maybe it just takes some getting used to? They make my noise feel funny?