3d movie discussion

Started by tirpider, January 03, 2013, 11:08:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It's just directors/producers trying to compensate for the lack of inclusiveness that you get with all the CGI, by their flawed logic the 3D puts you "in the movie".
When in reality an emotional story and interesting characters are the key to inclusiveness.

And if they release 3D and 2D they make more money.
Proud [Freelancer Consortium] Member! [FC]Leader.Helios

SK: they have 2d movies also. But us Americans like to spend more $$!  ;)

I actually don't like the in your face 3D. I like the 3D that gives "depth" to the movie. I might be the only one but I saw ( and is planning to see ) all the 3D Star Wars re-releases. I think it was pretty cool.

I didn't like 3D when I wore glasses but now that I wear contacts I enjoy it.

I'ts common for people to get headaches for 3D movies. For some reason whenever I see ANY movie, 2D or 3D in the movies I get a splitting headache after. And about half-way through the film. But at home I don't get headaches by staring at a screen for 2+ hours ( SWBF :P ). But if I take a painkiller halfway through the movie its fine.  :shrug:

3D used to be a couple scenes where stuff "came out" at you. But now, it gives the movie depth and emerses you in the experience.

Have you ever tried out 4D on a simulator? Man thats insane!

Haha, I went to a musuem that did 4D you get water splashed in your face, insects above you, your seats move its mental :D

I've done the 4D at Disneyland and Universal Studios. That won't be a major commercial thing though, not in the near future. I can do without. I don't go to a movie to have water get all over me.

As have i! Never again am i going in mission space  :sick:

Its only something I would do if it became seriously popular, or just as a 1 time experience :P Although it is really fun if you pick the right film

I constantly try to avoid 3D it ruins movies and is mostly pointless. Movies are meant to be 2D. Not out in my lap. If I want to have Golem popping out at me I'll charter a trip to middle earth  :tu:

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." -Bilbo Baggins

Is Star Tours is 4D? Because I love that ride.

:o
Quote from: Kit Fisto on January 05, 2013, 09:36:38 AM
Is Star Tours is 4D? Because I love that ride.
Dont know it so im guessing its american?
Quote from: {212th} ~Norris~ on January 05, 2013, 08:21:50 AM
I constantly try to avoid 3D it ruins movies and is mostly pointless. Movies are meant to be 2D. Not out in my lap. If I want to have Golem popping out at me I'll charter a trip to middle earth  :tu:
xD I wish you luck. But now it might be more peaceful