A mobile version of swbf would be interesting.

Started by LatvianCat, April 21, 2016, 11:13:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
It would be nice having the game in your phone and playing the game in lan with your friends. :cheers:

You aren't the only one who wants a mobile port of SWBF.

I remember when Aspyr Media made a mobile port of KoTOR, how I would've loved for them to make a mobile port of SWBF. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible entirely, and FPS controls on mobile games aren't the best (then again, they make controllers for mobile these days, so there is a loophole around it really).

The real clicher would be modding support. If the port could keep the file archive intact (highly unlikely, but still would be cool if it could work), and if the dev porting it could add some form of modding support, it would become a pretty popular game I figure.

The best thing you can probably get is the PSP version of SWBF2 using the PPSSPP Emulator app. Some users and I over at GT are working on some sick PSP version mods too!

- The default PSP version has so much content ripped away so it's a let down by default, that's why we're modding it. But let it be known, modding the PSP game isn't like PC. We had to create some outside-of-the-modtools methods to get new things working.
Never let a person named AnthonyBF2 touch your BF2.