SWBF1 Museum Master Thread (WIP)

Started by Snake, May 15, 2013, 10:36:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Battle Royale characters should be used in the Museum?

~AF!zZingGunFlower
3 (23.1%)
Comfrost
2 (15.4%)
Dbiz
2 (15.4%)
GoldMan
3 (23.1%)
Kitfisto
3 (23.1%)
Led
5 (38.5%)
Phobos
6 (46.2%)
Republic Commando
4 (30.8%)
411 Remnant
3 (23.1%)
Roland
4 (30.8%)
Sereja
10 (76.9%)
Shazam
4 (30.8%)
Sleepkiller
6 (46.2%)
Snake
10 (76.9%)
Unit33
9 (69.2%)
tirpider
8 (61.5%)
Cinnamon
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Hmm.. I think some kind of somber classical music, since the theme is reminiscing about the past.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

you might checkout the firefly soundtrack, or the hunger games, it has a few tracks that kind of feel serinity-ish. i recommend going through lots of movie or tv series soundtracks to choose the best. try not to use something commonly used either.. two steps from hell is used in every. single. 12 year old made lego movie..

April 13, 2014, 02:14:03 PM #152 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 02:18:48 PM by 411Remnant
http://youtu.be/A5AVwqYu4hk

Here is the version ive done so far. Still need to change a few fonts but I think it serves its purpose.

Any suggestions snake or anyone else? Doesnt show too much becuase this project is still a WIP.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Haha wow nice! I think at one point when it is scrolling left it goes through the terrain right before it cuts to the next scene but overall it looks good. As soon as we get the cantina done I think there should be some footage of that thrown in there somewhere too.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Taking another look at it I probaly need to fix a few transitions and make it somewhat shorter. The extra 30 seconds of music wasn't intentional.

Overall though I got to say you have some really neat ideas implemneted. As far as suggestions go, the SBD statues could probaly benefit with  more of a stone/rock texture to match with the rest of the temple/museum. The main buling where the SBD also seems a little empty though very well constructed. Some more benches and perhaps even smaller exhibits would help fill it up. The Battlefrontians are pretty cool, they walk around like they should and fit the purpose of employees pretty well.

Quote from: 411Remnant on April 13, 2014, 02:14:03 PM
http://youtu.be/A5AVwqYu4hk

Here is the version ive done so far. Still need to change a few fonts but I think it serves its purpose.

Any suggestions snake or anyone else? Doesnt show too much becuase this project is still a WIP.
I don't mean to sound jealous or anything but do you guys really need or want my help? It seems like you can do it on your own.

:P It doesn't sound mean at all. I respect honesty very much, actually this was a very finalized rough draft. If you can record some video, the overall project can use it. Particualrly of the vehicles in action would help since I recorded mostly scenary. If you can record that both of us would be very appreciative.

April 13, 2014, 03:35:30 PM #157 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 03:39:05 PM by -RepublicCommando-
Lol, we're all in it together (quoting Tirpider there..)
--
Have any of y'all seen night at the Museum? Perhaps we could get some booths (clan information booths maybe?) and a real fancy main information desk with a big globe that turns (probably Coruscant, as opposed to earth) right above it just about the size of the desk if not bigger..

Lots of lights on small desk lamps and torch lights near the entrances of the tunnels, redo the floor to be reflective or just really shinny.. Maybe a model of some big starwars creature's skeleton (like Rex from night at the museum) on put it on a big display with several lights and a little plaque.

Have some starwars older aircraft (wookiee flyers or naboo, maybe Royal Nubian (padme's ship) as an exhibit) hanging from the ceiling, I might cook up some more statues, actually.

There's endless stuff to fill that big room with..

edit- Seriously, almost every museum I've been to has some sort of elaborate water fountain.

Edit2- another cool video would be of a tour guide leading everyone through (cut scenes, not actually making the entire thing)

Quote from: 411Remnant on April 13, 2014, 03:32:29 PM
:P It doesn't sound mean at all. I respect honesty very much, actually this was a very finalized rough draft. If you can record some video, the overall project can use it. Particualrly of the vehicles in action would help since I recorded mostly scenary. If you can record that both of us would be very appreciative.
Alright. I'm having problems with screen recorders right now, can you recommend one? The files'll need to be small but have a good framerate.

Quote from: CommanderAwesome on April 13, 2014, 03:41:28 PM
Alright. I'm having problems with screen recorders right now, can you recommend one? The files'll need to be small but have a good framerate.
You don't have a screen recorder?  Hmm....well finding a good free one is difficult. I paid for a bandicam license and use bandicam for a lot of my work. Perhaps you can get your hand on it in some way.

Fraps is epic (I've not a registered version that has no watermarks and lots of custom settings for output), unfortunately to use it to full potential, you must have it registered, which is really worth it..

I played around with a cracked version before actually buying it myself, just wanted to know what I was getting into.

April 13, 2014, 08:54:04 PM #161 Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 09:34:14 PM by Snake
Well RC will have to do most of those models. I can make some display cases if tirpider will make them glass. I also am going to make some "action" statues of bf ships. Sorta like this: http://img.rakuten.com/PIC/28945049/0/1/300/28945049.jpg

I can reduce the size of an x-wing or something. However, I think a lot of the vehicles freak out when you put them in prop form..

The only models I really want are display cases, display vehicles, torches and lights, skeletons, and things of the sort. I don't want to make this too modern, it still needs to be a yavin temple.

Maybe a hanging skeleton of this: http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20080307185029/starwars/images/3/39/Opee.jpg

and static models of "stuffed" rancors/wampas/those green lizard things they ride on tatooine since we already have those models.

----

Here's my first tiebomber display. The LA AT scrambles when put into prop form.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

Quote from: 411Remnant on April 13, 2014, 03:48:12 PM
You don't have a screen recorder?  Hmm....well finding a good free one is difficult. I paid for a bandicam license and use bandicam for a lot of my work. Perhaps you can get your hand on it in some way.
Quote from: -RepublicCommando- on April 13, 2014, 03:49:46 PM
Fraps is epic (I've not a registered version that has no watermarks and lots of custom settings for output), unfortunately to use it to full potential, you must have it registered, which is really worth it..

I played around with a cracked version before actually buying it myself, just wanted to know what I was getting into.
I tried camstudio and active presenter but the video came out all weird and hypercam took up too much space. I don't think I can afford to buy one at this point. Any suggestions?

Quote from: Snake on April 13, 2014, 08:54:04 PM
Here's my first tiebomber display. The LA AT scrambles when put into prop form.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Nice to see part of my quote on the wall! :D

Also am liking the TIE Bomber in an action prop, can't wait for this commemorative map to be released!

Nice trophy, now you must find .... A SHRUBBERY
"I would explain it to you but your head might explode."