Battlefront Legacy Phase II - troubleshooting model issues

Started by Giftheck, January 13, 2018, 08:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm trying to get to the bottom of the issue as highlighted by MikeTheBeast55 here: http://www.swbfgamers.com/index.php?topic=12624.msg117779#msg117779

I can't figure out why this is happening to some players and not others (I've linked some videos I've found of other people playing the mod with zero issues) and I would like to get to the bottom of it.

Has anybody else had this issue? Can you tell me whether you've been using any additional mods, perhaps a Common.lvl mod, or perhaps 'updated' from a previous version of Legacy to Legacy Phase II?

I can definitely say the only thing that has 'changed' is that I now use Sleepkiller's model-edit during munge to enable the usage of higher-detailed models (though the models themselves are largely unchanged from the first Phase, bar the Stormtrooper). The models are all mapped to the correct skeleton and work as advertised. I can't see that affecting models in such a manner, so I can't explain what the issue might be - it seems to exclusively be affecting models with a rig as opposed to unrigged models (such as weapons).

Here are people who have recorded footage of the mod operating as intended, so I can definitely be assured the mod is working for more than just myself:

In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

January 13, 2018, 09:52:24 PM #1 Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:57:00 PM by ShadowStormtrooper360
I had no other mods installed before installing phase 2, and my game was just the original Star Wars Battlefront 3 disc set, and the mod worked fine for me, GGCTUK has linked one of my videos, come take a look!
My YouTube Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/R6GFL1993
Don't forget to subscribe, and like my videos!

January 13, 2018, 09:55:45 PM #2 Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 09:57:44 PM by ShadowStormtrooper360
Oops sorry for the double post, my bad.
My YouTube Gaming Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/user/R6GFL1993
Don't forget to subscribe, and like my videos!

The person who uploaded the Clone Wars Campaign video told me the same thing: they're using a clean copy of SWBF with no mods installed prior.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:

I had a copy of the cd version of 1.2 that had no mods installed that I used for Legacy.
The BOBclan:  A Rich History

Quote from: Unit 33 on November 29, 2014, 03:44:44 AM
'Please, tell me more about the logistics of the design of laser swords being wielded by space wizards' - Some guy on the internet.

MikeTheBeast has tested out a possible solution and confirmed my suspicions: the issue is being caused by some where I have used Sleepkiller's model-edit tool. The next version will ditch that but to compensate I might have to lower unit counts on some maps.
In Progress:

On Hold:

I dont have this problem and its a fresh install.

*In refference to another issue someone pointed out about the wii stormtrooper assets sometime ago, if used in battlefront 2, when you run you can see the black leather msh come in and out of the white armor msh from the back side. You problay wouldn't notice this issue in your mod becuase battlefront 1 doesnt have running. This is unrelated to the issue your reffering to, just thought I would point this out.
Battfront Stuff if your interested.
http://www.youtube.com/user/411Remnant

Quote from: 411Remnant on January 28, 2018, 04:44:03 PM
I dont have this problem and its a fresh install.

Yeah, it's really odd that some have the issue and others don't. So far, sleepkiller's model-edit is the link I've found, but I don't know if there's other factors that misinterpret the model data (IE perhaps a different executeable version like the DVD version)
In Progress:

On Hold:

If it is model-edit causing it I can only take guesses as to what is causing it. Since most people report that it works perfectly. One guess would be the edit's it makes to the segment chunks, if I recall correctly editing them didn't actually affect the game's willingness to the draw them, so it is possible that is what is causing it. (This is backed up by the screenshots which seem to suggest individual segments of the model are failing to be drawn.)

I have posted a new version of the tool with the segment edits removed. I haven't tested it but it should continue to work same as before. (You can find it on the GitHub page.) Let me know how it goes.