NO microtransactions in EA SWBF

Started by Rayce, October 07, 2015, 01:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who is this company and what have they done with EA?! I truly find it hard to believe that they would keep micros out of SWBF, but if they do they earns brownie points with me
"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence." -Dread Master Calphayus.

SWBF1 Maps: Tatooine: Mos Anek, Kashyyyk: Village, Naboo: Province, Tatooine: Gulch.

SWBF2 Maps: Space Carida.

Wow.. could they have heard our collective voice and actually listened?
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder

I read this the other day, it's excellent news. Now if the game is relatively bug free and they don't go overboard with the DLC I'll be really happy.
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

By 'overboard' do you mean maps or locations? Because I wouldn't say no to Dantooine, Bespin or Alderaan as additional DLC content... so long as they include single-player content too. Too often companies forget the single player experience, and DICE has made efforts to make single player a little more diverse in SWBF than it ahs in Battlefield.
In Progress:
--Star Wars: Battlefront - Anniversary Edition (formerly Star Wars: Battlefront - Legacy Edition)

On Hold:
--Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron For SWBF1
--Endor: Imperial Base

Well that's pretty good. That means players will earn their unlocks rather than buying them...

Although this casts new light on the lack of a server browser etc...
Perhaps they want to prevent players from privately farming points for the unlocks with their friends?

Quote from: Gistech on October 08, 2015, 12:28:19 AM
By 'overboard' do you mean maps or locations? Because I wouldn't say no to Dantooine, Bespin or Alderaan as additional DLC content... so long as they include single-player content too. Too often companies forget the single player experience, and DICE has made efforts to make single player a little more diverse in SWBF than it ahs in Battlefield.
I meant the amount and cost, I'm ok with 1 or 2 map packs or expansion packs a few months after release but I don't want to see overpriced weapon packs for example just after release
I play less now but I'll always be around, lets keep this site and battlefront going. :)

Quote from: Unit 33 on October 08, 2015, 01:13:54 AM
Perhaps they want to prevent players from privately farming points for the unlocks with their friends?

I can see the reasoning behind that. It actually makes sense. People used to farm points in Battlefield 3 ( so I heard )

Maybe we won't be able to earn points in private/custom matches.
=AaTc= Forever

SALLY....

-Retired Modder